Philadelphia Babies
Options

Elkins Park daycare

Hello, ladies!  I currently live in South Jersey but am moving to Elkins Park at the end of December.  My son is due in early March and I am looking for full-time daycare starting around June. 

So far I found one place but I am a little turned off by the fact that it is a Jewish cirriculum.  I'm not against it, per se, but I would prefer at this point to have a non-religious daycare if I can help it. 

Since I am unfamiliar with the area, I would really appreciate the help and suggestions!  Thank you so much in advance for your help :)

~EricaLynn

Married to SAJ since 8/6/11
BFP #1: 1/23/12 mc: 2/19/12
BFP #2: 6/20/12 
Oliver Stephen born 3/7/13 :)
BFP #3: 10/22/13

Re: Elkins Park daycare

• Options
    A friend of mine liked the daycares at holy redeemer and Abington hospitals. You don't have to be an employee, unless that's changed in the last couple years since we looked.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Out of the 6 DC I looked at 4 were Jewish synagogues. We chose Keneseth Israel. Aj was our second choice. We aren't Jewish and they don't push the faith on our daughter. It is a nice community. My DD2 starts in Jan. let me know if you have questions!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also in the same boat, live in Jenkintown and I am on two waitlist for daycare.  I am on the Gerstadt Center's waitlist and Holy Redeemer.  I have the potential to get in at the Gerstadt Center but will not know till it's almost time to go back to work.  Would you be able to provide me more information on the Keneseth Israel DC.  thanks!
  • Options

Kiddie Academy as two locations that are somewhat close:

Warminster and North Wales.

My friend's kids go there and she is really happy! Good Luck.

• Options
    Were starting to look at daycare also because I heard waitlists can be lengthy.  We live in Glenside.  Do you know how long the waitlist is for Gerstadt?  I am due end of May and planning on an 8 week maternity leave. We're going to set up a tour soon.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"