Food Allergy
Options

Need Tree Nut Allergy Info- Newbie

Hi

My younger daughter had a terrible reaction to some type of nut.  She is not allergic to peanuts but I guess she is to tree nuts.  She has a red blotchy rash all over her body and face after eating the nuts in these cookies.  I don't think its the cookie itself because she has eaten so many different types of cookies.  I just realized that this is really the first time she had any other type of nut besides peanut.

So basically I have no clue about Food Allergies and Need to know what to do from here :)  THX 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: Need Tree Nut Allergy Info- Newbie

• Options
    I am on my phone, so I can't tell from your siggy how old she is. I will assume too young to give you reliable or any answers. I'm no expert by any means, in fact I'm pretty new to it all. But I would say monitor her closely for further reaction. If nothing else besides the rash, I would avoid tree nuts as if she were allergic for now and bring it up with your pedi.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesapphiremom13:
    I am on my phone, so I can't tell from your siggy how old she is. I will assume too young to give you reliable or any answers. I'm no expert by any means, in fact I'm pretty new to it all. But I would say monitor her closely for further reaction. If nothing else besides the rash, I would avoid tree nuts as if she were allergic for now and bring it up with your pedi.
    she is 23 months :)  I am going to bring it up at her two year appt. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I myself am allergic to tree nuts, not peanuts though.  People can grow in and out of allergies throughout their life.  I would highly reccommend that you keep your daughter away from ALL tree nuts until you can get to the pediatrician. Make reading all food labels your new habit!  I would also insist while you are there that you get referred to an allergist, that way you will know EXACTLY what she is allergic to. The allergy doctor can also do skin tests to determine which nuts your daughter is allergic to and how highly allergic she is.  Sometimes reactions can get worse over time.  Hives typically aren't that big of a deal and are most the time treatable with just Children's Benadryl.  If she has another reaction though pay close attention to any swelling.  Any swelling inside the mouth and throat get to the ER ASAP!!!  Watch her also to see if she seems to be swallowing weird or scratching her throat.  Hope I didn't panic you with the information, just wanted you to have some information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"