Pregnant after a Loss

How much lap time is too much (kids/pet related)?

I have an affectionate DD and 2 very affectionate, large fur babies. Between the 3 of them a spot is always taken on my lap/belly when I'm sitting down. I'm just making sure none of this could affect the pregnancy. The pups are surprisingly gentle, but DD, at times, can be a little excited and push too hard when positioning (or try to jump on me). I know the baby is well protected by amniotic fluid, but I just want to hear from others that are in the same situation that it is okay and not to worry.  Do you limit lap time for children and pets? Also, how did you handle lap time as you get/got bigger?  Thanks!!

Edit: I should add my pups are a Mastiff and a St. Bernard so these are not "lap" dogs per-say.  They just like to sit in that vicinity. So basically I have a bouncing toddler who wants to jump on me all hours of the day and two 100+lb. dogs who like to sit on me.  I'm just making sure that kind of weight, and force, is okay on the baby on a consistent basis.

Re: How much lap time is too much (kids/pet related)?

• I worried about DS a lot too because heis not always very gentle. He has learned that he has to be more gentle with me and save the wrestling for daddy. While there iisn't much room left for him, he still likes sitting and snuggling with me. I figure his time is going to be limited soon enough, so I let him sit with me just about whenever he wants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Seriously, your baby is protected just fine in there and your animals and child sitting on your lap (even when they get a bit rowdy) will not hurt your pregnancy. A few months ago I was clotheslined right in the belly by a rope we hook our dog to in the backyard when he goes out, he was running full speed and the baby is still just fine. By the way we have a very large black lab that is incredibly strong.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Allycat - that sounds painful!  Glad everything was okay!  I think my dogs might be double the size of a lab so my concern was moreso having the constant pressure of 120+ pounds weighing on the baby as opposed to a one time incident.
  • imageWhitWed:
    Allycat - that sounds painful!  Glad everything was okay!  I think my dogs might be double the size of a lab so my concern was moreso having the constant pressure of 120+ pounds weighing on the baby as opposed to a one time incident.
    Are you sitting or laying down? Since you said "lap" then I'm assuming you are sitting and therefore the weight isn't on your baby, it's on your legs. Having 120 lbs of anything sitting on your belly doesn't really seem like a good idea pregnant or not, if for nothing else other than comfort!

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"