March 2013 Moms
Options

Baby Food maker?

What's a good brand? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Re: Baby Food maker?

• Options
    I used my regular food processor to make big batches for the freezer or a little single-serve smoothie blender for smaller amounts to make purees for DD, and steamed stuff stove-top or in the microwave.  DD wasn't into purees for very long, we went pretty quickly to just mashing food up for her, so a specific baby food maker like a Beaba wouldn't have been worth the $ and space for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecandreco:
    I used my regular food processor to make big batches for the freezer or a little single-serve smoothie blender for smaller amounts to make purees for DD, and steamed stuff stove-top or in the microwave.  DD wasn't into purees for very long, we went pretty quickly to just mashing food up for her, so a specific baby food maker like a Beaba wouldn't have been worth the $ and space for us.

hmm Thanks! makes sense.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used my food processor, froze in ice cube trays, then popped those into ziplock bags. It worked great.
  • Options

imageshibby00:
    I used my food processor, froze in ice cube trays, then popped those into ziplock bags. It worked great.

This is what I'm planning on doing.  If you don't have a food processor to begin with, it's a great kitchen gadget that you can use for other things besides making baby food.  I can't wait to upgrade from the mini processor I got in college to a full size one!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageshibby00:

ditto this...I used my blender. It seems silly to be to buy a separate one just for baby food. I think they're usually smaller too.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    If you don't have a food processor or blender, a Cuisinart Mini Prep is small and not horribly expensive (should be under 40 bucks).  I'd go with that over one of the "made for baby" products any day because you won't feel silly hauling it out for a batch of salsa later!  *grin*  We plan to microwave/steam/mash etc with the tools we already have and I registered for some smaller freezable containers that we can store them in.  
  • Options
    We have a Baby Brezza, which is ok, and nice that you can steam in it as well. Not worth the money, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageshibby00:

Ditto. Don't waste your money on a "baby food maker."

• Options
    I had the baby.bullet, but also used our ninja sometimes.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options

imageshibby00:

I didn't think of freezing in an ice cube tray! Here I was thinking I should start stocking up on small glass jars, but an ice cube tray sounds like a great idea. Thanks!

• Options
    v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} 0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Your best bet is the Baby Brezza. It is a little more money, but it's worth the investment in the long run. 

The beauty of the Baby Brezza is that food can be steamed and pureed in the same bowl, without having to move food between steamer and blender. It has four settings which (steam only, blend only, blend and steam, and reheat and defrost) allow you to use this machine in a variety of ways.

The bowl holds approximately 2 ? cups. It can steam vegetables, fruits, and even ground meats. Just set the timer and walk away. Once the food is cooked, you can blend as little or as much as you need to achieve the desired consistency. The dishwasher safe parts make cleanup easy and hassle free.

The Baby Brezza has a small footprint and doesn't take up much counter space. It is great for those who want to use it everyday and not have to worry about freezing large quantities of baby food. For those who like to have extra baby food in the freezer, the Baby Brezza is great because the bowl is large enough to hold several meals worth of food. All in all, I love this machine.

• Options

Your best bet is the Baby Brezza. It is a little more money, but it's worth the investment in the long run. 

The beauty of the Baby Brezza is that food can be steamed and pureed in the same bowl, without having to move food between steamer and blender. It has four settings which (steam only, blend only, blend and steam, and reheat and defrost) allow you to use this machine in a variety of ways.

The bowl holds approximately 2 ? cups. It can steam vegetables, fruits, and even ground meats. Just set the timer and walk away. Once the food is cooked, you can blend as little or as much as you need to achieve the desired consistency. The dishwasher safe parts make cleanup easy and hassle free.

The Baby Brezza has a small footprint and doesn't take up much counter space. It is great for those who want to use it everyday and not have to worry about freezing large quantities of baby food. For those who like to have extra baby food in the freezer, the Baby Brezza is great because the bowl is large enough to hold several meals worth of food. All in all, I love this machine.

• Options

imageshibby00:

ditto! If you already have a food processor (or we used a blender) then you have what you need. I think it would be a waste of money to buy a "baby food maker" - and I'm thinking they're a lot smaller so you'd be making food more often.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"