Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

constipation, natural remedy

Hello,

We started oatmeal at 4 months, and it's been going well. So, a few weeks in and just over the last 3 days she has not had a bowel movement. The last two nights she has had crying episodes before bed reminiscent of a baby who is uncomfortable. We are considering introducing prunes, since we were going to start introducing something soon anyway. Has anyone else done this to help with regularity when starting solids? Thanks in advance.

Re: constipation, natural remedy

• Options
    DS had a horrible time with cereal. It constipated him so bad, so we just skipped it when we officially started cereal. If it's been a few days and he hasn't pooped, I feed him pears or prunes, and he goes right away. You can do juice too, just dilute it.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    My DD drinks baby pear juice I add one oz to a 5 oz bottle so insted of having 5 oz water it is 4 oz water and 1 oz juice and it helps but now that is is eating 1st foods I dont have to do it as much
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want, you can do two ounces of water in a bottle for one teaspoon if brown sugar and that helps relieve constipation too. My pedi just told me this a few weeks ago.
    lolololo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"