Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

E.a.s.y. Method

DS is 8 wks old tomorrow, we haven't established much of a routine because I've just let him dictate how our days go. At night he sleeps in 4hr stretches and I'm okay with that right now.
Anyone using the EASY method to structure their days? His daytime naps are becoming less frequent and shorter and I'm concerned he is getting overtired and that maybe activity time before nap would help. However I'm used to putting him to sleep after he eats because he basically feeds himself to sleep which I guess isn't good.
Would love to hear your advice!
-LJ
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: E.a.s.y. Method

• Options
    I hadn't heard about this before... just googled and read up a little bit and I'm definitely thinking this could be helpful for us.  Interested in reading any responses, thanks for posting!
  • Options
    We started loosely following this yesterday. I noticed a huge difference in her naps yesterday, and she had a 6 hour stretch last night, then 4 hours. Couldn't get her to dream feed so I didn't get much sleep in that 6 hours, but it was still a good stretch for her. We are a little off today, because I'm not feeling so great, but she still had a good nap this morning.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to read up on this.  But after reading, I noticed that I pretty much do this.  LO eats and if she stays awake we "play", until she's ready to sleep, and I either sleep or get stuff done.  
  • Options
    I do this and it's been really helpful in structuring our day and in helping me read LO's cues better...the only time I feed him before he goes to sleep is at night; other times he eats after he wakes up and then he plays for a bit, and then nap time. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    We use this and love it.  It really helps determine what he wants (5 weeks tomorrow) and is less stress for me!  Then during the night it's sleep, eat, sleep!
  • Options
    We used this with DS with great success until a major sleep regression at 6 months (we used the Ferber method for that). My advice would be to definitely read the book, "Secrets of the baby whisperer" and follow her guidelines. The easy method worked for us, especially with nap times. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"