Cloth Diapering
Options

Prepping Prefolds?

I thought I had it figured out but when it came time to wash mine, I am forgetting. I looked online and am finding different answers.

How many times do you wash them in the sanitary cycle? I was going to do 3 and then check for repelling. Use detergent? Dry in between?

Thanks ladies!
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Prepping Prefolds?

• Options

You can boil them for 20 minutes and then do a hot wash with a small amount of CD safe detergent and dry. 

It may take a few more uses/washes for them to reach maximum absorbancy, but I've done the boil+wash method without issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

You can boil them for 20 minutes and then do a hot wash with a small amount of CD safe detergent and dry. 

It may take a few more uses/washes for them to reach maximum absorbancy, but I've done the boil+wash method without issues.

This is how I've prepped all of my prefolds. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have already washed them once... Should I boil them still? I have three dozen, I figured that would take quite some time.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    You can wash them 5-6 times instead of boiling... I found it quicker to boil though.  I wouldn't dry them every time... probably after the 3rd and last wash.  You'd only need to use detergent once.

• Options
    imagetjkdlhb:
    You can wash them 56 times instead of boiling... I found it quicker to boil though.nbsp; I wouldn't dry them every time... probably after the 3rd and last wash.nbsp; You'd only need to use detergent once.

Thanks! Next time I will totally boil them, I won't have as many. I figured it was easier to just wash them this time.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    imagehispenguin:
    imagetjkdlhb:

This is how I've prepped all of my prefolds. 

Ditto!  On Monday I spent ~5 hours boiling 3 dozen prefolds in my giant aluminum stock pot.  I didn't account for having to add more water + bring it back to a boil when I originally estimated that it would take me 3 hours (boiled 6 dipes at a time). ;)  I then did wash them twice, but I might have been able to get away with just one.  They look almost as quilted as the GMDs I bought from a friend.  

• Options
    Thanks for the help ladies! I washed them three times on our sanitary cycle. Once with detergent and dried once. They didn't repel, so they should be good to go, right?
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"