C-sections

Im about to have my third csection!!!! im Nervous

yes in twenty days im due to have my third csection and im scared because this is also my third child and im worried about the pain and recovery because im basically will be doing this alone for the first time(my husband has a sttroke and is in a coma) Im asking u ladies what can i do to prepare myself before and after my csection so that i will have a fast and painless (as possible) recovery thanks
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Im about to have my third csection!!!! im Nervous

• Wow, Can your 2 other children help you? Do you have family or neighbors that are willing to help? Maybe your other children can stay with someone for a couple days after you get home so you only need to worry about baby? That's a hard situation, I hope everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think there is really anything you can do to prepare yourself for a "pain free" recovery.  I'm about to have my 3rd c/s in 20 days and my first was easy and my 2nd wasn't so easy,  so hoping for an easy one this time :)  I hope your husband recovers quickly! 
    Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Get up and moving as soon as possible. Make sure you have everything in one place (basket with wipes, diapers, etc.).

How old are your other children? Do they require a lot of attention?

I've had 4 c-sections and all my recoveries have been great. I'm pretty much almost 100% when I get home from the hospital. I also don't have help other than DH at home.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Like PP said, get up and get moving as soon as possible, and move as often as possible - the longer you sit in one spot, the more sore you'll be when you get up and move again. I was up at 6 am the next morning following my late afternoon c-section. Take oral, rather than IV, pain meds in the hospital so you will have time to figure out which pain meds work best for you before you go home (they gave me Tylenol 3 and 600 mg Motrin in the hospital - I refused IV morphine because they gave me one dose in the OR and I threw up for the next 6 hours - and the motrin actually worked better than the Tylenol 3), and don't be afraid to take them when you need them. Prayers for you and your husband! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"