Babies: 3 - 6 Months

4 month sleep regression?

My LO is 4 months tomorrow. For the past 3 night she just won't sleep. She used to easily go 5 or 6 hours then 3 or 4 hours each night. Now I can only get 4 hours tops and then she is awake basically the rest of the night. Any tips on getting her to sleep? If I leave her in her crib I have to go put her pacifier in her mouth every 20 minutes and I really don't want to have to resort to holding her to get sleep. Any advice?

Re: 4 month sleep regression?

• No advice but to ride it out. Our LO slept 10 hours straight from 2 to 4 months and now he's 5 months 1 week, and his sleep has been wonky since he turned 4 months. It all changed for what seemed like no reason and its inconsistent. Every night is different, we've had a few 10 hours straight, sometimes he wakes at 11pm, 3am and 6am. Tonight it's a 2:30 wake up. So random!

He acts very hungry each time so we feed him at each wake up and just chalk it up to him growing and developing and stuff.

Good luck!
  • I'm right there with you. At 8 week, D'S started sleeping anywhere from 6 to 9 hour stretches, would eat once, then go back to sleep until 6:30 when it was time to get up for daycare. About Dec 20, he started getting up every 1 to 3 hours and it has seemed worse and worse each night. Last night was absolutely horrible. It was the second worst night since he's been born next to our first night home. And the only thing that will satisfy him most of the time when he wakes is to nurse. I did find out Friday that he has a double ear infection. I had hoped that once he started taking his antibiotic that he would sleep better. So far, no luck. I'm anxious to see what others say. I would love to hear from people who have been through it already.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You'll just have to get through it. It lasted about five weeks for DS. He went from sleeping straight through from 8pm to 6am to waking up every few hours. Now, a week from 5 months,he is finally sleeping like he used to. He's just ridiculous to actually get to sleep.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• We have a 12 hour a night straight sleeper who is 4 months on the 7th. Can i just say that last night was the first time she woke up in the middle of the night since she was 6 weeks old?! ugh...I hope this is not the 4 month sleep regression. I feel your pain...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No advice, but relieved to know I'm not going through this alone! Our DD is 5mos and for awhile she would sleep from 7pm till 1-2am and then every 3 hrs after that. Then she started teething and sleeping pattern is all over the place.

The last two nights have been horrible! Terrible getting her to fall asleep. Then sleeping only 2-3 hrs and starting at 1am waking up Every Hour till we give up and get out of bed at 5-6am! I actually logged online to TheBump for the first time since giving birth to find advice from other mommies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"