March 2013 Moms

Baby Shower....

OMG my mom is throwing my shower and sent out 70 invites -_-

I am not even that into showers, that sounds exhausting to this mama!!!

Also, she sent invites to5 out of town guests who will definitely not be able to make it to town for my shower, I'm a little upset about this...do you think thats super tacky? My mom is insisting that its just "including family" I think it screams "gimme presents!"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Shower....

• Wow, that is a lot of people!  my mom also sent a few invites to people out of state, knowing they cant come, but it was mainly to keep the peace, they would be the kind of drama makers that would make a big deal about not being invited.  I'm like you the entire shower thing sounds exhausting! but i'm also excited to see my family (we live 2hours away from home) and have everyone help us welcome out little guy!
  • We invited some people that would be considered OOT but not the ones that would need a ticket to come.  I don't think it's too rude.  Our family is very spread out and I know my mom insists on sending stuff to everyone even if they probably can't make it.  I don't think it's too gift grabby.

My friends' shower that includes my side of the family will be a bit easier to deal with (max 20 I think...if that!).  However, my shower with my hubby's side of the family I'm sure will be much larger.  A lot of close family with extended families already plus all of my MIL's daycare friends and stuff...I think it'll be at least 30 people if not more.  Oy vey!  

BFP - 9/18/11 ----- m/c 9/23/11
    BFP - 7/16/12 ----- EDD 3/27/13  ----- Born 4/5/13
    BFP - 5/27/14 ----- EDD 1/31/14 or 2/4/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't let it get to you.  She was probably excited!  I know we invited some OOT guests that I do not expect to come, nor do I expect gifts from, but wanted them to know that they were wanted.  I would rather invite them and have them say no then have them feel left out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My shower is even bigger and out of town guests were invited.   Family and close friends should be invited regardless of where they live.  It is not that you are looking for a gift but you are trying to include them in a special moment in your life.  Some of them might decide to make the trip and some might not but you are leaving that option up to them.  I think it is rude to assume that they would not want to come and not invite them.  Give them the option.  My aunt lives in Fl and I live in NY.  She is invited to my shower and will be invited to my dd's christening.  People are more likely to get insulted if you don't invite them then think that you are being gift grabby.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I wouldn't worry about it. My shower is 3 hours away for 50% or more of the guestlist (mostly family). Its my only shower so I didn't feel bad sending them an invite. I receive invites for showers that are far away and I send a gift if I am not able to make it. I am glad they sent me an invite vs. thinking I can't make it because I am out of town. I am very surprised at how many people are able to make the drive. I don't think its a big deal esp since the host sent the invites.
  • Well in my case, it isn't that family is just a few hours away. They are either all the way across the country in Minnesota or in Norway. So as near and dear to my heart as some of them are, they will not be making the trip for a baby shower. They also are not dramatic and wouldn't make a fuss about not receiving an invite.

That being said, thanks for the comments. I can now see my mom's point in making them feel included vs. gift grabby!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"