October 2012 Moms
Options

Babywearing and Friends House WWYD

Babywearing and Friends House WWYD

My best friends birthday is today and her husband texted me to say they're doing dinner tonight and want us to come. It's their three boys, them and us so its fairly small at their house.

She loves Kaley and though she knows our space, should I wear her in the Moby to make me feel more comfortable or should I not be overprotective mama bear?
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.

Re: Babywearing and Friends House WWYD

• Options
    If it was me, I would bring LO in, let her say "hi" for a few minutes then Moby her up but then again, I am a serious Momma Bear and dont like to have other kids around LO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would take the moby either way.  If you decide you need it, you'll have it.  I've worn both of my kids at others homes, just because I won't feel like if I put them down, I have to be right there.  Also my kids like being carried, so they were settled and comfy and I could socialize freely.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd wear her after people had a chance to say a quick hello. I'd use one of a couple different excuses. I'd say she's tired and won't sleep in the car seat if she is like my guy and crashes out when being worn. Or if not I'd say she's been being extra clingy to mom and you're just preventing am immanent melt down.
  • Options

I'm not exactly understanding the problem. Are you afraid of her kids being to rough or getting germs on your baby? Those both seem easily corrected by words - "don't get in baby's face" or "you can't run by baby". If that wouldn't work, then I don't see an issue with wrapping.

If its a matter of space and having no good place to put the baby while you eat then a Moby wrap is always a good solution.

• Options
    Are you worried your friend will want to hold her? If so, you are being over protective. However, I would definitely bring the Moby so you have it after the baby passing is done.

All that being said, I do not let kids hold Nora. I just tell them "not right now" or thats shes tired or fussy. Its worked so far.
  • Options
    imageMadamePresident:

I'm not exactly understanding the problem. Are you afraid of her kids being to rough or getting germs on your baby? Those both seem easily corrected by words - "don't get in baby's face" or "you can't run by baby". If that wouldn't work, then I don't see an issue with wrapping.

If its a matter of space and having no good place to put the baby while you eat then a Moby wrap is always a good solution.

I agree with this. I think it is normal to let a friend and their older children hold your baby, provided they wash their hands first of course.  

DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    imageStarry Again:
    imageMadamePresident:

I agree with this. I think it is normal to let a friend and their older children hold your baby, provided they wash their hands first of course.  

Agreed. If you chose to wear her while she's sleeping, Sure. But to wear her bc you don't want your best friends to hold her? Overprotective. They want to see her. She's cute :-)
  • Options
    imagehboo2011:
    imageStarry Again:
    imageMadamePresident:

Agreed. If you chose to wear her while she's sleeping, Sure. But to wear her bc you don't want your best friends to hold her? Overprotective. They want to see her. She's cute :-)

Thanks ladies. Its our first time going to someones house other than my parents and I didn't want to be overprotective mama bear like I am when we go in public. I didn't want to be "that mom". It's nice getting opinions from someone other then MH. He's a little biased.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"