December 2010 Moms

Itchy nipple

I think the title pretty much says it all.

Anyway, I have one itchy nipple. It doesn't hurt or look any different, it just itches. I did the google thing and I suppose it could be thrush (maybe) except that neither G or I have any symptoms other than the itchiness. I don't know, I'm kind of at a loss. It has been itching all day and it's driving me batty. I'd scratch it but let's face it- there is no good way to scratch a nipple. 

Any ideas ladies? I hate to go to the dr over an itch, especially if that is all it is. 

imageimage

Re: Itchy nipple

• Could you have dry skin?  Maybe put some lanolin or Vaseline on there to moisturize it? 

That's all I got, I can't say I've ever had an itchy nipple but it sounds as frustrating as all get out.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • No idea, but when I used to nurse A I had one side of my boob that itched constantly.  Not the nipple, just the side, maybe what could have been along one of the duct paths.  I never saw the doctor and it finally went away on its own, but took forever! I 2nd trying some lanolin. good luck, I never found a way to discretely itch either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, this happens to me all the time. It's usually because of a hair.  I pluck the hair and it goes away (usually).  I put a little cream on it too which helps.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Thanks for the suggestions ladies!

:::heads off to the bathroom in search of nipple hair:::

p.s. I loved typing the above out, lol 

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"