Pregnant after 35
Options

My baby needs a little miracle gro

I had my appointment with my perinatalogist  last week and he's already putting me on, what he's calling 'modified, modified bed rest'.  He's concerned that baby girl isn't getting enough blood from me because my blood vessels are constricted and therefore isn't growing as she should be.  So he's having me take baby aspirin every day in hopes of thinning out my blood and wants me to get off my feet as much as possible.  He also found a problem with the baby's heart so I'm seeing a pediatric cardiologist next week for a fetal echocardiogram just to make sure everything is okay.  I'm trying to stay positive and think that everything is in fact ok and he's just being overly cautious otherwise I think I'll freak myself out with all the 'what ifs' that are wrong.  I love my doctor but I think my appointments with him are now so nerve-wracking wondering what he's going to find wrong next.  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My baby needs a little miracle gro

• Options
    Been there! Enjoy the bed rest as best you can and hoping for good news at your next appointment.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through all this.  I agree to stay positive and wait and see what they find at the echo.  Sounds like you have good care and they aren't overlooking anything so that is great although very stressful.  Hang in there and let us know how things are going.   
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry your going through this, hope everything is ok and he is being overly cautious. I feel you though with the nerve wracking appointments, hope your next one is positive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Keep focusing on the positive-- there's so much they can do these days and I'm sure they're just being super-cautious because they know that it's better to catch any little thing before it becomes a problem later...

It sounds like you're in good hands. But because it can't hurt, I'm sending good juju your way!
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    I will be thinking of you and your baby.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will keep you in my T&P's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    lilblt, I think you are right on the money with the OB just having a very cautious attitude. I am working my way to the top so I may find another thread from you, but I just wanted to say hang in there and I hope there is nothing to be concerned about. Also, I have been taking baby aspirin this entire pregnancy and things are going really well, so taking it under a doctor's supervision won't harm your baby in any way.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"