November 2012 Moms
Options

Late Night Round-Up

Thought I would get us started tonight. It's 1145 and I'm watching SNL. Noah fell asleep just a few minutes ago after nursing and I'm trying to make sure he is good and out before putting him down. 

We had a good day and hopefully will have a good night. My parents came over for dinner and SO made an amazing dinner of grilled pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn, and baked beans. It was very yummy.

I'm getting nervous about going back to work next week. I really don't want to leave N.

Zoemay I think you mentioned about the days just passing and not getting anything done. I feel that way too. In a few days I will have to be up and functioning early. No more staying up until 1 or 2 am.  

How's everyone else doing this evening? 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Late Night Round-Up

• Options
    I'm pooped out. Literally. I've pooped six times since 6am... sorry if that's TMI for some, but it's what's going on.

It's starting to get annoying and a little concerning.

But Cu is asleep. So there's that.

Here's to no more poop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We had a pretty good day.

I was able to cook breakfast and eat it while it was still sorta warm. I also baked a pecan pie tonight during one of D's naps.  We gave him a bath a little while ago, nursed and he fell asleep. Waiting 30 more minutes to give him his Zantac then I am going to head to bed. Hope I can get a few hours in before he wakes up hungry.

I have been trying to do more "dream" feedings at night. They are helping me sleep better I think.  D never fully wakes up and I can get him fed and back in the crib within 20 minutes so I can go back to sleep.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rachel that really sucks, hopefully tonight and tomorrow are better! How was Cu feeling today?

It's 11, just fed A and now we are playing the soother game until she's fully asleep. It's been almost 2 minutes since it fell out and she's not whining for it... Oh, never mind. The game is getting shorter every night though. As soon as she's out, I'm gonna try and sleep to. Had a late afternoon nap with her so now I'm not feeling so tired.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

10:42

LO is hanging out in her RnP staring at the wall projector... hopefully will put herself to sleep but i think she might need a bit more bottle .. gave her 5oz BM but it doesn't give her the milk coma like formula does

I organized her clothes today and have my first bin of things that she has outgrown.  The NB onsies look so small now and i can't believe they were too big for her when she was born!  Today she wore an entire outfit that was 0-3 months (pants and onsie) looked so cute!!!!  

Anyone else have a LO who goes cross eyed alot?  I know its not uncommon but I wonder if there is a point where i should be a bit more concerned... its the one thing I really really don't like and seem to be a bit over concerned about.

I am determined to go tobd early tonight so I won't stay on much longer but look forward to reading about your nights... MAYBE I'll be back at 3:30 ... last few nights have not been 7 hour sleep sessions like before... gas pains wake her

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

Almost 2 and we are up again. Or rather still up. N has slept for a couple of 15-20 minute chunks since 1030 and that is all. He has nursed a couple of times but keeps getting frantic. Currently we are rocking and he is staring up at me with a firm grasp on my shirt. Guess he is worried I will try and put him down. I just changed his diaper and gave him gas drops. Hoping we can both get some sleep soon.  Eyes are closed at present. FX he is really asleep. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    2:03 here. Baby H just woke up from sleeping in his crib for 2 1/2 hours!!! This is a night time record! I want to do a little dance! This comes after 3 nights in a row of me on the couch because he would only sleep on the swing, so I am VERY exited!!!
    Hoping he eats well and then has another nice stretch.

ETA: even in his swing the longest he went was 2 hours, so I've NEVER had him sleep this long of a stretch at night that I recall. Overjoyed!
  • Options
    My LO went cross eyed quite a bit until 6 weeks. She's good now. Don't panic yet. I was starting to panic...

It's 2:05. I'm still up after pumping. It was kind of a rough night getting C to sleep. We've been staying with my parents' over the holiday, and my sister is here too with her kids 7 and 4 who are quite loud. I tried to get C to take her early evening stretch of sleep which tends to be the longest and I got her asleep 3 times only to have her wake up due to noise. Eyeroll. The last time she woke up I was desperate because my back was killing me from the constant holding, swaying, jiggling, shushing, and patting. My parents' came home from a night out and that's what woke her up for the 3rd time. Argh! I almost had her out and ready to put down and her eyes just popped wide open. I almost cried. Thankfully my dad must have heard the desperation in my shushing and took her for me. He had her out in 10 minutes. He's such a pro. She slept on him for her naps during the day as well. I had to get some work done so he was in charge. Love that man.
    As much as I love seeing my sister I'm ready to go back home to peace and quiet. It's just too disruptive to our little routine. I guess C just doesn't adapt all that well. I try not to tiptoe around her too much but I hate waking her up when I finally get her to sleep so I've been bad about doing it probably too much. Lord help me when my hubby wants to go home to Peru to see his family and we have to fly. She probably won't sleep the whole time. I hope I can put it off for a long time. I keep blaming the no vaccinations yet.
    Rachel, I hope you feel better soon. The runs are no fun at all.
    I hope everyone is getting some good sleep. I suck at going back to sleep at this time of night.
  • Options
    M also went cross eyes quite s bit until this past week. Now he does it a lot less.

So the past 3 nights M has had a weird routine goin on. We start his bedtime at 7 and he's asleep between 7:30 and 8. He sleeps for about 30 to 45 min and then he's wide awake. He won't go back to sleep until 10:30 to 11. Then he sleeps fine. Last night he slept for two 3 hour stretches. Tonight he slept for another 3 hour stretch and just woke up at 2:20 to nurse. Anyone else experience this?
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

3 am and just making sure CJ is good and sleepy before he goes to his crib. He had a solid 4 hour stretch tonight for the first time. Fx for another one. I am still exhausted though and trying to catch up from all the travel. 

We were supposed o drive to the ils for the next few days but had to cancel because of the storm. It was supposed to stop snowing at 9 pm but hasn't. We already had 6 inches on top of the 16 or so from the last storm, when I went out at 4.  Can't imagine how much is out there now.  I do love the snow but it is crummy when it cancels your plans. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    3:10am here. Oliver just slept close to 5 hours before waking up to eat! Woohoo! He's done a couple times before, but this is the first time he's gone 5! :)
  • Options

imagejLeigh0709:
    M also went cross eyes quite s bit until this past week. Now he does it a lot less. So the past 3 nights M has had a weird routine goin on. We start his bedtime at 7 and he's asleep between 7:30 and 8. He sleeps for about 30 to 45 min and then he's wide awake. He won't go back to sleep until 10:30 to 11. Then he sleeps fine. Last night he slept for two 3 hour stretches. Tonight he slept for another 3 hour stretch and just woke up at 2:20 to nurse. Anyone else experience this?

jLeigh - we are having something like this, except H is up basically all evening until I can nurse him to sleep between 10:30 or 11.  It just started this week.  He sleeps great during the day until about 5; after that, all bets are off.  I guess he inherited my lack of sleep skills. 

It's 2:45 here.  Just finished feeding H; hope to be back in bed soon with no "OMG I just woke up and my mouth isn't on your boob" whining. 

image   My chart 

• Options
    I'll play tonight. We've had a decent day. Potty training the big girl. All accidents today, but bless her sweet, little heart, she was trying so hard! The little one has been super sleepy today. We're due for a growth spurt, so I expect it to rear its ugly little head soon.

Rach you're full of shiit. see what I did there?

Aaaannnndddd I'm out!

• Options
    imagetngrl3:
    Zoemay I think you mentioned about the days just passing and not getting anything done. I feel that way too. In a few days I will have to be up and functioning early. No more staying up until 1 or 2 am.

Yep that was me. I know that part of the problem is that I stay up way too late and then am tired the next morning so I lounge around longer than I should trying to wake up fully. I'll have to be up early too starting next week, not looking forward to that. I hope the transition goes well for you!

We had a good day. I went to a fun baby shower at a tea lounge in San Francisco today. I drove a carpool with 2 friends and we actually made it mostly on time. I had a run in with one of the staff who tried to imply that I should change K's diaper in the nasty bathroom where there was no changing table instead of on their antique chair but other than that we had a great time. And I won that game where you guess the mom to be's girth with a piece of string!

Tomorrow is another big day. My sister and I are going for pedicures, then we're dropping her at the airport, then visiting some friends in Oakland for the afternoon, then driving to my ILs' house where we'll be spending our first couple of overnights away from home. I hope we don't forget anything crucial. On that note, off to make myself a checklist so I don't lie awake thinking about it.
  • Options
    430am here. Tired. R was diagnosed with thrush today. Pissed. I'm going to be exhausted this next 2 weeks dealing with sterilization and administering meds 4 times a day! Nipples hurt from thrush. DH is sick and not getting near me or the baby which is fine but I'm tired, literally, of feeling like a single mother.

That about covers my day. Sucks right? Off to get some zzzz before the next round of feeding and sterilizing...sigh...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ....and yet he seems so proud of himself! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bumper and baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So much for another stretch of sleep. Baby H woke up after an hour ready to eat again. But after him sleeping 2 1/2 hours earlier and me sleeping 2 of those hours I am still feeling alert and rested. Plus, he's the best reason to be awake at all hours. mobile bumping so picture a smiley here

On a completely unrelated note I found THE BEST gluten free bread yesterday at a market that tastes like REAL bread baked fresh at a bakery cant wait to eat some for breakfast!
  • Options
    4:53 here.
    So much for another stretch of sleep. Baby H woke up after an hour ready to eat again. But after him sleeping 2 1/2 hours earlier and me sleeping 2 of those hours I am still feeling alert and rested. Plus, he's the best reason to be awake at all hours. mobile bumping so picture a smiley here

On a completely unrelated note I found THE BEST gluten free bread yesterday at a market that tastes like REAL bread baked fresh at a bakery cant wait to eat some for breakfast!
  • Options

Almost 4:30 here. So I know that I have no room to complain because I've been super lucky that B typically sleeps in 4 hour stretches. But the past few nights he's done 6 or 7 hours (amazing!) -  now we have regressed to 3 hours at a time and I'm so tired.

It doesn't help that DH decided to wake me up from the deepest sleep to tell me that the monitor beeps when he flushes the toilet. I totally snapped at him and I'm sure I'll feel bad about it tomorrow, but at this point I am still mad!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

6:20 here. Just finished feeding Vincent and we're doing our 30 min of upright. He made it till 5:15. Tried the paci and rocking first, but he was wide awake. 

Jleigh....V is doing the same thing with sleep...get him down around 10:00. He sleeps for 30 min and is then wide awake till about midnight. It's exhausting. But then he sleeps through till 5:30 or 6. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Tngirl--- like you I go back to work in 4 weeks. I don't know how I will do it on the amount of sleep I am getting,

Rach--- hope your tummy feels better soon. My DH has that going on right now too.

Zoey and Tngirl---- I can relate to not getting much done....especially since LO has been so clingy lately. Constantly wants to be with me. 

We continue the battle of wills with the crib. So far Vincent is winning. I've only got one 30 min nap in there.

Good news-- seems like thickening formula with rice cereal is helping.he seems more comfortable and content. Reflux a bit better. Bad news--- I think rice cereal is constpating him. We'll see how today goes. 

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    540 here. L slept from 945 till 530! He was SO crabby lastnight before I laid him down. I think he gets overtired at family functions and then he just looses it when we get home.

We're going to eat and then see if he's going to be awake after all that sleep.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Options
    8 am. It has been a loooong night for us. I think Noah finally feel asleep around 330 and slept for a few hours with me on the couch. He is awake right now and fussy. I am exhausted. I just want a couple of hours of sleep in my own bed without N attached to my chest. Last he would only sleep if I was holding him. He's not normally like that so I'm hoping it was a fluke. Gonna try and lay backdown for a bit. I can barely hold my eyes open. How am I going to function for work come Wednesday?
  • Options
    Clearly I celebrated too soon. After sleeping 4 hours straight CJ has not slept for more than an hour at a stretch since. Ugh!
  • Options
    Last night wasn't such a great night for us. Lo kept waking up every 2 1/2 hours to eat, when usually it's 4. Then she woke up at 8:30 screaming... had a huge poopy diaper, soiled her clothes! Poor girl, I would be screaming too. Now she's sleeping away...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"