Cloth Diapering
Options

Good cd's for newborns?

We've recently started cloth diapering since having our second baby but we didn't start until she was about 3 months old.  We also just found out we are expecting again.  Are there diapers you would recommend for newborns, that aren't really expensive?  I wouldn't mind using prefolds and covers if that was a cheaper option, I just don't want to spend a bunch of money on diapers that won't be used for a long time.  So far both my kids have hit 10lbs by the time they were a month and a half old; if this baby follows the same pattern he/she could be in our normal diapers by then.  Thanks!
Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

Re: Good cd's for newborns?

• Options
    lil joeys are great. They're 2 for $30, but if you look at the swap on FB you can usually find them for about $9 each! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use flip diapers and they have worked since birth but we had an 8.5lber. Even cheaper if you already have CDers for an older baby are thirsties. They are pretty inexpensive and you can use prefolds in them. I would recommend going with the snap kind instead of the velcro. I will just give another shout out to the Flip diaper system because I love them. They are $13.95 each and you can get them cheaper if they are on sale. They are one size fits all and we have used them since birth. We've had gdiapers and grovia as well. We HATE the gdiapers since they always leak. I like the grovia but they are all-in-one and therefore more expensive because of the extra washes. Hope that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I recommend Kawaii Pure & Natural pockets. They fit from 6-22 lbs, so they fit a newborn and will last much longer than a traditional newborn diaper. Plus they are much more absorbent than a newborn AIO (DD outgrew the absorbency of her BG XS AIOs by 3 weeks old...and she was still too small to fit OS pockets). 

PFs & covers are also a good option. I used just regular diaper service quality PFs as well as OsoCosy size 1s. Both were great. My favorite covers were Proraps Classic newborn size. If I had to do it over again I would also get a couple of Thirsties Duo size 1 covers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have several options but prefolds and covers seem to work the best for my newborn.  (This was a surprise to me.  I thought I'd hate prefolds and love my newborn AIOs.  But the prefolds and covers really contain the runny newborn poo a lot better - never had a leak with those.).   I have Imagine smart fit size small from nickisdiapers.com and Blueberry mini coveralls and Thirsties size 1 covers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"