TTC after 35
Options

waiting and wondering

Hello,

I'm 38 and my DH is 39.  We have been together 18 years and married 14.  Due to a difficult previous parental situation(before we met) for my DH, he didn't want children.   I then went through five years of bad hormornal/pcos issues. Almost had a hysterectomy. Thank God, I didn't.  My DH came around this year and asked if we could TTC.  (long story, short version, but that's our history.)  We have been hard TTC for six months now.  This month we are only doing clomid, trigger shot and timed BD.  I had my trigger on Dec 17th. (2 follies 18mm each) I'm suppose to POAS on tomorrow. Even though nurse said wait until the 2nd.  Umm, if I count the 17th, 14 days later would be the 30th. So, I'm gonna test tomorrow morning.  I've never gotten a BFP, so I decided not to test everyday to figure out when the medication was out of my system.  I didn't want to deal with the seeing a fake BFP because of the drugs.  

I keep thinking, this is it.. this time it worked.. then I get mad at myself and think I know better and shouldn't get my hopes up. It is still the holiday season....maybe a few miracles are still out there. 

We have big plans on NYE. I hope I will not be drinking.

Nervous and Hoping. Thanks for lisnening.

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: waiting and wondering

• Options
    Hi and welcome! I hope you leave the board this month, but if you don't, welcome!! Hope there is no drinking in your new future!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Options
    Good luck and welcome! I couldn't wait until the 2nd so if you poas tomorrow, fingers crossed!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the group and good luck!
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    Welcome.  I'm doing a treatment cycle this month as well and we triggered the exact same day.  You count from the day of O, not of trigger, and O day is day 0 -- which means today you're either 11 or 12 dpo, depending on what time of day you triggered.  All this means is it's a bit early, so if it's negative wait and test again in a couple of days.  Good luck.
  • Options
    Thank you for the well wishes. A BFN today. I appreciate the info on counting from the O day. A few more days of hope.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"