Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First loss

My husband and I lost our baby on Thursday and I am worried about my husband. He seemed ok considering Thursday and Friday but today he just slept all day was complaining about having a headache and didn't want to help put our 2 year old daughter to bed tonight. He has always helped with the bath and story time even when sick(from a distance). I know he has to grieve just like I do but he just seemed really off today. We have always been good communicators but he seemed to shut down today. I don't know if I should leave him be for a few days or suggest we see someone. Tomorrow is his birthday so that might have something to do with it I just don't know. This is all so hard to take in.

Re: First loss

• We experienced our first lost 2 weeks ago. My husband took it hard and was trying to hide it becuase he didn't want to upset me more than I already was. I have found communication has been the most helpful thing for both of us, even when one or both of us didn't want to talk. Being able to cry and get all your feelings out really helps. Maybe just let your husband know hes not alone, what hes feeling is normal and that you would love if the 2 of you could talk about things/how your both feeling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband tried to be very strong for me. I finally told him I needed to hear how he was, and we were able to cry together. Just keep telling him you love him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"