March 2013 Moms

Support Belt

I've had lower back pain that keeps me from being able to do much around the house for several weeks now. Finally, I decided to at least look into a support belt. Someone told me Motherhood Maternity would let you try them on, so I headed in. The sales woman pulled out a box and helped me get it fit right there in the store. I was skeptical, but we're talking instant relief. As soon as everything was tightened, it was like my back pain had disappeared. Once the belt was off and put back into the box to purchase, my back began to ache again.

Amazing.

I won't be wearing it all the time, just when the back pain is the worst or when I know I'll be doing a lot of moving around (cleaning, going to the park with kids, etc.)

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Support Belt

• I've been thinking of getting one because I've had some serious groin pain and some back pain. How much was it there? And is it just the kind that goes under the belly or over too? Glad that it's helping you!
  • I bought the prenatal cradle on Amazon.  It was about 40 and it was well worth it.  I had pulling and groin pain and wear it every day.  After a few days of not wearing it ,the pain returns.

• Loading the player...
  • I've been having severe shooting pain in my groin. I'm not sure if it is ligament pain or what, but I feel like I can't walk or move when I have it. I got a maternity belt from Amazon and wore it all day yesterday and noticed a difference. By the end of the day, the pain wasn't as frequent. I hated to buy this ugly contraption that I'd only use for three more months but I was desperate!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been wearing one everyday for weeks and it makes a huge difference
  • imageJcat123:
    I've been thinking of getting one because I've had some serious groin pain and some back pain. How much was it there? And is it just the kind that goes under the belly or over too? Glad that it's helping you!

I spent $30 on it. Here's the one I got: https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=976100113&MasterCategory_Id=MC32

They had a few others and were willing to let me try them on. Can't hurt to go in and try them on at least.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"