Pregnant after a Loss

I keep crying when we tell people I'm pregnant

What the heck is wrong with me?! This should be a joyous and exciting occasion but I just get so nervous and it seems to be getting worse with each person we tell.  

We don't live close to friends and family and went home for the holidays so we decided to share the good news, with the caveat that we are cautiously optimistic because it's early and due to my previous loss history and clotting disorder (I'm 11.5 weeks for those on mobile).  I was okay telling my parents, but I got a little teary Christmas Eve when we told my uncles and some good family friends.  Then last night I completely lost it when we told DH's really close friends from home.  Everyone was super nice, excited, and supportive but I still feel like an idiot.  

I'm hoping after our NT scan and first MFM appointment next week I'll start to feel better about telling people.  

Also, on another note (of first world problems) I just cried in the hotel room because the pool is closed. After 7.5 hours of driving all I was looking forward to was a relaxing dip in the pool for my achey back and hips.  The kicker is that it's closed for their NYE party. Um, hello that's 2 days from now. 

Maybe I'm just extra emotional from lack of sleep and living out of a suitcase for 8 days. Regardless, thanks for letting me share/vent! 

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I keep crying when we tell people I'm pregnant

• I'm 11 weeks today, and for the last 4-5 days, the crying has been crazy! Sorry the pool is a no-go, but I wish you the best NT scan so you can relax and enjoy this a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really have advice, but I can tell you that you aren't alone. I'm telling very close family very early. I'm only 5 weeks and it has been very emotional, but in a good way, and then is followed immediately with a lot of fear. I think with everything we've been through it makes sense that all sorts of emotions surround an announcement. 

I hope it gets easier and easier for you and that you feel physically better soon. (( hugs)) 

TTC #1 since January 2011
    BFP#1 April 12, 2011, EDD December 24, 2011, strong heart beat at 7w3d, d&c at 10w6d
    BFP#2 Oct 24, 2011, natural miscarriage, EDD unknown
    After RPL testing my losses and subsequent infertility are considered unexplained.
    Cycle #22: Femara, TI, and progesterone = BFP!! 
    BFP#3 Dec 21, 2012. Beta #1 @14dpo = 134, progesterone 67.8. Beta #2 @ 17dpo = 664! Team green, EDD 9/1/13, healthy baby boy born 9/12/13!
    imageimage  My chart.

Congratulations to the fabulous KGS2003! Her sweet boys are here! Grow boys grow!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry it has been so tough! I see why you would be feeling that way. I'm 9 weeks and have only told my two close friends because they knew anyway wasn't drinking. And dh has told his mom, uncle, grandma, and friend. I asked him not to tell anyone because he told them all early last time and it ended poorly. He is pushing me to tell mt parents and best friend, but I'm just not ready. With the subchorionic hematoma I'm very nervous and don't want anyone feeling terrible if I have to tell them bad news. I hope you will feel better about tellig the world after your nt scan!! I know I won't feel good until then either!! Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!
    BFP #4 11/21/12 - EDD 8/2/12 BFP#3 Missed m/c 9 wk 3 days. D & c 4/27/12. :( BFP #2 8/10/09 - DD Born April 2010 BFP #1 Suspected Ectopic 4/09 - Methotrexate
  • Thanks ladies!  I hope it gets easier as time goes on and I can keep it together. Although as long as I have a healthy baby in my arms in July, I guess I really don't care if I cry every single time I tell people!  

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"