November 2012 Moms
Options

sleepy sounds app

So I know that some of you moms who have LO's who cry just to cry get exhausted listening to them. I too am one of those moms. One morning while R was wailing for some unknown reason been fed, changed, burped etc I remembered that babies liked "white noise". Not having a sound machine myself I was curious to see if there was a free app for "white noise". I have a Verizon phone. Incredible I think its called. Anyway, I looked up "white noise" in the play store and happened upon Sleepy Sounds. Holy awesomeness! There is nature sounds, lullabies, white noise and something where you can play your own music from your phone library. I downloaded it and I swear to GOD it worked instantly! R was subdued in a trance thanks to the white noise. I use it all the time everywhere. It's much easier than lugging around a sound machine. I can place it on his carrier when he's fussy and we're out somewhere. I just thought I'd share this because I know how frustrating crying can be when there seems to be no logical and obviuos reason for it.

The app is called Sleepy Sounds.....you're welcome!

One more thing...you can still use your phone while the app is runing. As I am currently writing this post my son is laying next to me PASSED OUT listening to white noise! YAY!!!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic ....and yet he seems so proud of himself! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bumper and baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleepy sounds app

• Options
    White noise does work miracles. I like the relax melodies app. It has tons of white noise options and you can layer them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesarah0925:
    White noise does work miracles. I like the relax melodies app. It has tons of white noise options and you can layer them.nbsp;

Awesome! I'll have to download that app too. Thanks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ....and yet he seems so proud of himself! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Bumper and baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Isn't it awesome?! I use the Sound Sleeper app and use the vacuum noise. It usually works within 10 seconds its like a switch goes off. That or the "shushing" taught in Happiest Baby on the Block" have helped calm Baby H during many fussy times. Putting the phone in the carseat with it on has helped immensely on car rides, and it also helped him
    Fall asleep and stop screaming during his newborn photos.
  • Options
    This is absolutely amazing. I installed it tonight and as soon as I put the lullabies on LO calmed down and passed out almost instantly. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"