Cloth Diapering
Options

Washing diapers, tips?

I am getting ready to wash my new cloth diapers for the first time. I was hoping to get some tips for washing them for the first time and then for regular use. I looked it up and it turns out we have very soft water. I bought Rockin' Green detergent for soft water. I also have some wool dryer balls. 

My washer's settings:

Load Size: Small, Medium, Super 

Temperature: cold/cold, warm/cold and hot/cold.

Then there's Normal, Delicate and permanent press

My dryers settings are:

Auto Sense drying (high heat),

Timed Dry (high heat) up to 30 min

Timed Dry (low heat), up to 30 min

no heat fluff 

What would you do?

Also, do you use a different detergent for your regular clothes and/ or baby's clothes? I've always used All Free&Clear Small&Mighty. Is powdered better? Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance!!  :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Washing diapers, tips?

• Options
    For what it's worth, I used All small and mighty Free and Clear and baby got ammonia burns. I have hard water so it could have been a combo of the two. Plus I think I was using too much detergent, but the chance that the detergent played a part in burning baby's bum made me switch to Tide.
  • Options
    all free and clear is not CD safe(that may be why the ammonia burns, because I believe it doesn't rinse completely out of CDs), but I plan to use that on all of baby's other clothes, I also have rockin green detergent for my CDs. I have also heard of people using tide, but unfortunately I'm allergic to tide so, I wont be using that one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"