Cloth Diapering

Sanitizing used pocket diaps?

Hi ladies! Just a lurker here in need of some help.

Just purchased "gentley used" pocket diapers with MF inserts. Of course, I feel more comfortable with them being sanitized. I've read in previous posts to wash the first wash with 1/4 cup of bleach with extra rinses. I'm concerned the bleach will effect the pattern or color on the outer pocket shell. Maybe I'm just over thinking the process?

TIA. =]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sanitizing used pocket diaps?

• Please, excuse me for not using spell check!

• Ive washed mine on sanitize a few times and they're fine. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I always wash my used diapers with a 1/4 cup of bleach in the load. I'm paranoid about the possibility of yeast being in the diapers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• ditto pp. I did and would use 1/4 cup bleach. I actually bleach mine once a month and the colors have not faded. Just make sure you either put it in a bleach dispenser or else wait until the washer fills up completely with water before dumping it in, so that it immediately dilutes.
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
  • imagehispenguin:
    I always wash my used diapers with a 1/4 cup of bleach in the load. I'm paranoid about the possibility of yeast being in the diapers.

This. And the pul is colorfast, the bleach won't affect it if diluted :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"