1st Trimester
Options

to early?

i am 10 weeks and due to costs i was thinking of starting the nursery and just buying things slowly instaed of altogether to spread out the cost and also look fo rthe best deals.but does that seem to early to start buying things?

Re: to early?

• Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me!  If you have the room to store it, then why not?!  Nothing wrong with getting a jump start on things, IMO.  We are going to start purchasing things, too, in the next month or so .... just because we can! lol, and it eases the financial burden of having to buy them all at once.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    It totally depends on the person.

I will not buy anything until I am well into my second tri. If you feel comfortable doing that right now, go for it!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The other option is to set the money aside that you would spend now and use it later.

I don't think I would buy anything big at this stage. That's my own nerves talking though.
  • Options

imagehqinmd:
    The other option is to set the money aside that you would spend now and use it later. I don't think I would buy anything big at this stage. That's my own nerves talking though.

This is a great idea. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    imageEmeraldeyed315:

imagehqinmd:
    The other option is to set the money aside that you would spend now and use it later. I don't think I would buy anything big at this stage. That's my own nerves talking though.

This is a great idea. 

this. we started a fund. due to my recent loss i wont buy anything until 3tri 

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like the idea of setting money aside.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Options
    Like others says, for practical reasons alone I would opt for setting money aside rather than buying things now.  If this is your first, there's a chance you could get a shower or excited friends and family may want to help you with things.  You also may THINK you have an idea of things you'd like, regardless of the baby's sex but sometimes you'll surprise yourself and have different thoughts if you do find out so that's something to consider also.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

I already bought a few things that were such good deals I couldn't refuse.  Never too early (in my opinion) to take advantage of sales or secondhand stuff.  I will store everything in the garage until we start the nursery.  

• Options
    IMO I would definately start buying now.  I would probably go second hand for most of the items as they are generally gently used and a third of the price of buying new. Have fun!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    I always get rewards bucks from Toys R Us because I have a lot of baby showers and other babies in the family.  At this point, if I don't have anyone else to shop for, I'm going to start using the rewards bucks on my baby.  Letting them expire would be like throwing away free money. 
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Options
    I recall buying a few things but didn't go big until we found out the sex with DD we'll do the same this time.
  • Options
    i've been accumulating things over the years, i've bought a few gender neutral outfits, and a highchair that was on sale for 20$. The last few years i've been given nursery items, a mattress, and alot of boy and girl clothing, up to size 9-12mo. i think i'm pretty much set with clothes. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The part of me that is super excited and loves to plan wants to start buying stuff.  But knowing how hard it was after my loss even seeing weeks marked in my calendar or coming here and seeing my sig, I don't think I could handle having baby items around if things did not work out again.
    TTC since July 2012 BFP#1 10/8/12 ~ EDD 6/16/12 ~ m/c 10/15/12 BFP#2 12/29/12 ~ EDD 9/10/13 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I did during my second pregnancy (also a boy) and it worked out perfectly. I set aside money every paycheck to buy something I needed.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I heard someone on here about setting the money aside by buying gift cards. That's what we're doing. I'm stocking up on Target gift cards so we can get diapers and whatever else we need.

CJ 05/29/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"