Adoption

Completed homestudy in record miracle time!

We got our approval letter for foster/foster to adopt/adopt from our agency over Christmas vacation. The state of Texas thinks we'd be okay parents!

We finished all paperwork, tests, Pride training, interviews, childproofing house etc in just three weeks -and that was with me taking two work trips!

The agency worked so hard for us because they knew a broadcast was coming up in December and they thought was a good fit for us and really wanted us to apply.

Our homestudy was sent around December 19 with deadline Dec 31. I hear it will take 3 weeks to go through all studies and make a decision. So now we wait and wait and wait some more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Completed homestudy in record miracle time!

• Congratulations!!! That is amazing!
  • Congratulations, that is awesome news!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congratulations! I read part of your blog also and really connected with the part where you thought you were adamantly against something and God changed your mind. Isn't it amazing what opportunities arise when we start to listen to where he is guiding us!?!? Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• Pretty much.  It is the step right before that. The social worker working this case sent out a broadcast to other agencies looking for adoptive parents. It is the announcement or call for applications. Next step will be review of submissions to determine adoptive parents. At least that is how it has been explained to me. Our homestudy moved so  fast because we said we were open to older kids and a sibling group and our social worker knew this broadcast was coming and thought we would be a great match.

I don't know how long things will take from here. I have just about convinced myself we won't be chosen during the waiting season since submitting our home study for this case. I feel like I should use this holiday weekend to get bedrooms ready and other preparations, but I don't want to do so much that I get too upset if we are not chosen. My mind is pretty anxious.

• imagedholsapp:
    Congratulations! I read part of your blog also and really connected with the part where you thought you were adamantly against something and God changed your mind. Isn't it amazing what opportunities arise when we start to listen to where he is guiding us!?!? Good luck!

Indeed! I am far too stubborn. 

• imagedholsapp:
    Congratulations! I read part of your blog also and really connected with the part where you thought you were adamantly against something and God changed your mind. Isn't it amazing what opportunities arise when we start to listen to where he is guiding us!?!? Good luck!

• imagedholsapp:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"