February 2012 Moms
Options

Couponers

Does anyone coupon?  I want to get started, I need to save money.  Any tips or advice? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Couponers

• Options
    See if anyone in your area offers classes or workshops.  There is a lady by me that teaches a free class every couple of months and has a website with tutorials and tips.
    3month11
  • Options

BIG couponer here.  Start with an organizer and go slow.  Buy what you know you use.  Find ways to stack coupons with the sales.  Also, start with things that don't expire so you can get the hang of it (like dish soap and wipes)

It's fun and addicting.  Good Luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecmytutu:

BIG couponer here.  Start with an organizer and go slow.  Buy what you know you use.  Find ways to stack coupons with the sales.  Also, start with things that don't expire so you can get the hang of it (like dish soap and wipes)

It's fun and addicting.  Good Luck.

I agree with going slow. I started in September and it can get overwhelming quick! Check if your supermarket does ecoupons. Mine will stack paper and ecoupons - so for example - I got 3 big boxes of poptarts for 1.83 each since I stacked the paper one with the ecoupon.

You can print some from coupons.com - but I don't yet. My store doubles and the key is to buy it on sale. I get free toothpaste often when my store puts it on sale fot 1.50 and I have my 0.75 coupon that doubles.

You MUST stay organized and make a list. It usually takes an hour to plan my trip and I use a website where someone does all the savings math for me.

Good luck! It is fun!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    I used to be a BIG couponer back when the deals were a little bit better than they are now (and before baby). Now it's a every now and then thing for me, but I still love it. I only use printable coupons now. There are MANY couponing blogs that have a coupons 101 type of section. Southernsavers is one of them- https://www.southernsavers.com/learn/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"