March 2012 Moms

Getting Back To Normal

Does anyone feel like things are back to pre-Holiday normal yet?

I definitely don't - I would up with a fever on Christmas day and I'm just now starting to feel like I'm no longer in a fog.  But the house is still a mess and I still don't feel like being at work, so definitely not back to normal. - Maybe once my older ones go back to school next week? 

Re: Getting Back To Normal

• Not even kinda. DH's friend was here for two days with her large dogs. Gone for the weekend, back Monday and Tuesday, driving back across the country to home Wednesday morning. It's messing with my normalcy....especially because her dogs woke DD and I up over an hour early this morning and now DD is having napping issues.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Pretty much. I have the week off of work so I cleaned up the holiday mess and put everything back into order. Little man is feeling alot better (he was ill pre holiday). So things are pretty normal.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm on winter break until next Thursday, so I have a while until things will be back to "normal," but I'm having a hard time shaking the lazies. I have a list of things I wanted to get done over break (in addition to the 20 essays I have to grade) but I just can't seem to get anything in other than playing with DS and the occasional load of laundry. Today I went to Target to buy some new organizers for DS's room, so I hope tomorrow I'm able to get motivated (I've already written off today!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So not back to normal! I look at Christmas gifts and think, wow where is this stuff going to go? Then I find something else to do so I don't have to organize the gifts, and donate what we haven't used.

My DD is still not back on schedule. Her naps are still not when they should be, so her eatting schedule is off.

Just glad Christmas is over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageExcited30:
    Isn't it still the holidays?? nbsp;I guess in my world it is. nbsp;I know that some people have gone back to work, but I always consider it the holiday "season" until the New Year comes around. nbsp;But maybe that's just me? nbsp;I don't even expect life to be "back to normal" until then.

This! We're still hosting various visitors through the New Year. We had Christmas 4 last night, opening gifts from DH's family while his parents are visiting. And my work week won't be back to normal until next week, so DS's daycare schedule is all messed up. It's been chaotic but mostly fun!
  • You're not alone! I had a touch of the flu on Christmas Eve. I vowed not to go anywhere yesterday, today, or tomorrow just so I could relax and put my house back together. I even said no to plans for next week after New Years because I do not want to be so tired again!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"