Nurseries and Baby Gear

BOB double as an "everyday stroller"?

Anyone use a BOB revolution duallie stroller as their everyday stroller? 

We are definitely getting a double stroller. I thought I was going to get the city mini double for its size, fold, love of baby jogger. DS1, who will be three when this LO gets here still loves his stroller. We would get a good amount of use out of a double for day trips to theme parks, zoo, maybe the mall. But also plan on getting a glider board for our single City Elite as well.

I like to run, but usually run on a treadmill. Did some light jogging with our elite (not a running stroller, I know) but usually run on the treadmill. I plan on doing a few 5K's next year and DH and I will be doing a half marathon in Jan 2014. (Will not be running with DS2 until he is older, I know, I am just thinking long term so I don't end up with two double strollers)

Anyway, are the very few occasions I will want the double for running worth getting it for everyday use? Is it too big to use at the mall? Am I going to struggle with getting it in and out of my car? (Minivan so I am not concerned about it not fitting). So, thoughts? Opinions? Other suggestions? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BOB double as an "everyday stroller"?

• It's pretty big. I'm not sure it fits through doorways? I got a baby trend double jogger for walks, etc and a joovy sit n stand for a smaller, more portable option.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I see lots of woman here that use their BOB as their main stroller, in shopping malls and grocery stores, etc. honestly, it's only slightly bigger than regular side by sides, just larger wheels. It does fit through doorways. I have a wider jog stroller and I've fit it through all but one set of doors, but the doors are decades old and not up to code for wheelchairs. I'd use it, you'll be "clogging up" the works with a double anyway, not sure how saving an inch or two would spare you ire. I'd only personally be irritated if you did this during Black Friday, any other time, whatever.
  • Loading the player...
  • If jogging isn't your main purpose maybe check out the Bumbleride Indie Twin or Valco Tri Mode EX Twin.  Both can be used for jogging but are going to be a bit smaller than the BOB.  I am probably getting one of these for myself since I like the option to jog with it but I certainly won't be doing it often.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I bought my BOB single hoping that it could serve as our everyday stroller as well.  That lasted literally one week.  :)  I then bought a SNG and now have an ultralightweight stroller for errands and travel, the Uppababy G-lux.

I LOVE my Bob.  But it sits in my garage and I use it for jogging and walking only (ok, walking as I haven't gotten back to jogging yet). For errands my G-lux rocks.  Unfortunately it isn't available in a double :(

• When I was looking at doubles, my choices were the Bob revo duallie and the City Elite double (no longer available). I really didn't like the stroller features of the Bob, although there is no other choice if you really want to run. The recline and fold are cumbersome, the fold is two- step and it's a really long stroller. After the Elite (which I got and love), the bob seems like a ton of work. If you don't want to run, maybe the Britax B-Agile double would work, or look for an elite on Craigslist.

ETA and the single front wheel on the BOB is great for when you're running, but not for walking especially if you have a 3yr old and newborn weight difference

• imagesosoph:

ETA and the single front wheel on the BOB is great for when you're running, but not for walking especially if you have a 3yr old and newborn weight difference

This is a good point. I didn't think about the balance.

How do you like your double elite? Is it a tank or do you like the feel of it? (Saw a used one on Craig's list) my DH really wants the double elite since we love our single and was devastated when I told him they didn't make them anymore.  

• imagedrpayne:
    It's pretty big. I'm not sure it fits through doorways? I got a baby trend double jogger for walks, etc and a joovy sit n stand for a smaller, more portable option.

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. Get a cheaper jogging stroller in the future or even borrow one. My DH is just really adamant I get ONE double and to make it the "perfect" double since I ended up with three single strollers, lol. I am trying to make him realize there is no such thing and there isn't one stroller that is going to give us everything we need and want.  

• imagefinancialdiva:

imagedrpayne:
    It's pretty big. I'm not sure it fits through doorways? I got a baby trend double jogger for walks, etc and a joovy sit n stand for a smaller, more portable option.

Actually, this isn't a bad idea. Get a cheaper jogging stroller in the future or even borrow one. My DH is just really adamant I get ONE double and to make it the "perfect" double since I ended up with three single strollers, lol. I am trying to make him realize there is no such thing and there isn't one stroller that is going to give us everything we need and want.  

I agree that there is no
    perfect stroller that works for everything. I know the baby trend jogger doesnt compare to a Bob but we aren't avid runners. I'm glad we got them from Craigslist. I think I paid 85 for the jogger and 100 for the joovy. If we end up not loving one of them, we can resell it if we want to. I had to ask myself how much my oldest will even want to sit in the stroller at 21 months. When I brought the sit n stand home, he hopped on the back and I had to pry him off so I think it will work well. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    imagesosoph:

This is a good point. I didn't think about the balance.

How do you like your double elite? Is it a tank or do you like the feel of it? (Saw a used one on Craig's list) my DH really wants the double elite since we love our single and was devastated when I told him they didn't make them anymore.  

I love it. I think it's a much better stroller than the mini GT they now have since the wheels are 12in. The only downside is that it doesn't lock when folded (or I don't think it does). Reviews say it doesn't fit through a door because of the handbrake, but it actually does (albeit narrowly). 

• A couple thoughts...

First, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my double BOB.  Love it.  The push is amazing.  I push it uphill every single day with my 35 pound toddler and 12 pound baby in it and it's the easiest thing ever.

Second, it folds up soooo bulky.  I drive a Toyota Highlander (big suv) and it barely fits in the trunk.  And the trunk has to be completely empty.  And we have to jam the stroller in there at an angle, which is difficult for me because it's so heavy and awkward when it's up that high.  Because of this, I only take it in the car when I absolutely need to.  It lives in the garage 99% of the time.  I took it to the Zoo by myself once, and literally almost left it there because I didn't think I could get it in by myself.  I finally had to hold it with both arms, and lift up my leg, and kind of kick the stroller up so that it was the right angle for the back gate to close on my trunk.  Not awesome when you have two crying kids to deal with.  So make sure it will fit in your minivan!

Third, I've taken it to the mall a few times, and it's ok.  I mean, I have 2 little kids...so, WTF do you want me to do??  It's not anymore bulky than a double snap n go or a double Graco or whatever.

Fourth, it still pushes great when only one kid is in it, it's not "lopsided" at all, not even slightly.  That's the main reason I bought it. 

I really do love it very much, the only issue is the bulky fold, and I still use it constantly, so it doesn't bother me too much, ha!

Hope this helps!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"