November 2012 Moms

check in

Lo is sleeping in my arms while Daddy folds laundry. Baby was so sweet today...smiling and cooing. I felt like we were actually playing!

How was everyone else's day and night so far?
11/27/12
First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
Twins born into Heaven 
BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020

Re: check in

• Last night was the first night in almost a week that K slept for a few hours at a time. Today she had more wake periods. She's smiling more, but I still don't think they are intentional smiles. Right now she is in her cradle sleeping. I'm waiting for the dryer to finish so I can fold the last load of laundry. DH is supposed to get off work at 10, but it's 1020 now and I still haven't heard from him that he is on his way home.
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Here and accounted for. The night has been awful.

Cu got his two month vaccines and he had a complete meltdown from 630 to 830. He's finally asleep now and I'm hoping he feels better after some good sleep.

I feel awful for him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • So far, so good. For the past three nights, Oliver has had a breakdown around 6 that lasts several hours. But he slept all evening except for waking up for meals. Just put him into bed and he was awake and cooing, then drifted off to sleep. I'm pumping, then I'm off to sleep too hopefully.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He just woke up and ate again. It's 11.15. He seems much better now. Ate with no problem. Although he did spit up a lot for his usual. But he is already back to sleep, less than five minutes after eating. Maybe I'll actually try to sleep now with him this time.

Oh, I really really hope he doesn't feel as bad as he felt earlier any more ever. But especially not soon. I can't imagine what babies think when they are crying so hard for so long. They must feel so stressed and hurt. Guys. Obviously I'm not good with this.

Sugar. I can't imagine how you must feel with your LO crying for so long every night. I hope things do get better for you soon. Tonight's small snippet in our house was enough.

• 10:45 here Watching TV with DH, eating ice cream : not going to lose these extra pounds doing this.... Haha.

DD is sleeping soundly right now. Probably until 3am :

Earlier she had a regular colored dirty diaper except there was orangeish mucous like substance in it. Called pedi and said it was ok just to monitor and see if she has more or is in pain. Hasn't seemed like she is in pain and hasnt had another BM. Hopefully it was just a one time thing. Has this momma worried though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Poor Cu, I'm glad it seems like he's feeling better. Really not looking forward to that :(

Sugar, hope it gets better for you soon.

It is just about 11, and I am about to go feed A, and try and get some sleep. Had a  much better day nap wise.. 2 naps in her swing and one in her bed! bedtime only took about half an hour tonight rather than the almost 3 it has been taking. Its almost easier when DH is at work..  almost.

050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hallie slept from 104:30 last night then 58 when I had to wake her to get her ready. Holy cow it was amazing.

She's been awake again most of today but acting much happier and has been sleeping now since about 10. We just got home from my mom and dad's for Christmas and DH is putting in our new dishwasher because he's so excited...even though it's nearly 1 here. :P
  • Rachael. Glad to see Cu is doing a little better. I'm not looking forward to vaccination day. Poor babies!

Sugar. Sorry your LO is crying for hours like that. As PP have said, it must be very hard for you. Hang in there!

2:30 here. M is up nursing. I tried starting a bedtime routine at 7 tonight. He was asleep at 7:30 and I was so proud of myself. Then he woke up at 8:15. Boo... He would not go back to sleep so I finally put him in his swing at 11. He slept for 3 hours! He's a champ in his swing! I know he shouldn't sleep there all the time but... That's the first time in weeks he has slept this long.
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • 145 here. L just ate after FINALLY sleeping from 10 to 120. He fought sleep all evening. DH wanted to wake him up to eat before we went to bed....no way was that going to happen!

Rachel, I'm glad Cu seems to be feeling better after his shots. I am not looking forward to our 2 month check up.

Sounds like a lot of us are going into the 6 week growth spurt and have cranky babies in the evenings. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Now I'm terrified of vaccinations. I know they are necessary, but hearing how the babies are reacting :,,,,, Is there a possibility of doing a preemptive Tylenol dosage? Are the babies in pain? Have a fever? I don't do well when my LO cries for a prolonged period of time. I end up crying with her.
    C has been sleeping well. I need to go back to sleep with her. Middle of the night feeding went well.
    Is anyone else struggling to introduce a bottle? Is this why some of you are EPers? I didn't even consider that while pregnant, but now I'm seriously stressed about going back to work. She just gets so mad when we try to give her a bottle. : She took one fine at 2 weeks when I snuck out to a yoga class, and she fussed a bit more the next time, but now she refuses. What will we do?
  • Big hugs to everyone who could use one tonight.

I'm here catching up before I go to sleep. K is snoozing next to me in the cosleeper. We went to dinner at some friends' new house tonight. It was going great until I got a horrible stomachache and made us leave right away. I thought I was going to get sick at their house. I never did get sick and I feel a lot better now but I feel bad for making a dramatic exit. I think I'm just super exhausted since I've been staying up too late for too many days in a row. On that note, g'night chums!
  • Sorry to hear about post vaccinations! Poor child :( 

2 am here nursing and cannot wait to go back to sleep, in laws leave tomorrow and they've been helpful but were all tired and I'm excited to have Dh to myself for two days! 

• 2:30 am, pumping.  LO finally drifted to sleep after 15 minutes of rocking.  

DH has to work at the school early, so I have LO all to myself.  It has been so nice having him home since before LO was born.  I don't know how you ladies do it when your DHs go back to work so soon after birth.  He goes back full time in a little over a week.

Rachael, you officially freaked me out about our 2 month appointment.  Did you give your LO tylenol before?  I've heard that helps anyway.  I should probably have a glass of wine and a percocet before that appointment :-(

• Checking in. It's 5:00 am. I'm up but Vincent is asleep! His grunting and stretching woke me at 4. I gave him his paci and he has been sleeping since. He fought me after his 10:00 bottle. I finally put him in RnP awake at 11:30. He dozed off on his own and so did I. I feel badly that he was probably awake when I was asleep, but I was just exhausted. Now, I a excited that he slept almost through the night. 

Jleigh---glad you got a good stretch. Don't feel guilty about the swing. You do what works!

Rach-- glad to hear Cu was better than earlier.

Sugar---I'm sorry. I am living through reflux with my LO and the crying is heartbreaking. Hopefully you are on the downswing, 

Zoe--- glad you are feeling better. Here in NY we have a rash of stomach virus and flu. I am petrified of getting it. Hopefully whatever it was that was bothering you doesnt come back!  

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 5:15. I fed Hallie at 2:30 right before I first went to bed. I'll regret staying up so late..

Now, hoping for a longer stretch like we got last night!
  • Rachael. Glad to hear that Cu is feeling better!

Sugar, hang in there. I'm sorry you and LO are having a tough time.

Jleigh, good for you! If the swing works, then I say go for it.

Mittens, I think we might have the same situation. Eat, cry, repeat. Then he's doing this thing where he will not fall asleep unless attached to ta ta. Wakes up and realizes the boob is gone, and screams. He won't take a paci, so I hope this is just a phase.

image   My chart 

• imageSprite2012:
    Rachael, you officially freaked me out about our 2 month appointment. nbsp;Did you give your LO tylenol before? nbsp;I've heard that helps anyway. nbsp;I should probably have a glass of wine and a percocet before that appointment :

I'm pretty sure I remember you saying y'all chose not to circ and in this case, I think it worked against me. He did awesome during his circ and for all the healing after.

He really did great for what the shots were. I'm sure he thought he was being stabbed to death! He got three shots and the oral. He screamed right after for maybe three minutes. His pedi's office is less than a mile from my parents, after I got him soothed and in his carseat, I drove straight there to feed him. He ate great.

I think something that went wrong was he was maybe a little overtired. For whatever reason, he was catnapping from like noon to 5..he got his shots at 3.

Anyway, to answer your question, no I didn't give him tylenol before because I was overconfident after seeing how he dealt with his circ. At 7.30 while he was wailing, we got about 1mL of tylenol in him, but he was crying about all of that too. He's never had tylenol and I didn't want to give him too much. I was hoping it was just enough.

I didn't mean to freak you out. I think I was way too lax about the appt though and it worked against me. I was completely shocked at his reaction later and I shouldnt have been and should have been more prepared. Poor guy.

I'm anxious to see how he does later on today and the next few days, but if all the adverse reaction was was two hours of crying, then that's not thattttt badddd.... I guess. Just heartbreaking, nbd, right? Sigh.

• Rachael, did your pedi suggest giving Tylenol or anything before you went in? Reading your post makes me want to call mine and see what they suggest. M did great with his circ and shots too at the hospital so I wasn't really giving the vaccinations too much thought.

In good news... After my last post I fed and swaddled M and he slept for 3 hours 11 minutes! His all time record! He has never slept for two 3 hour periods in one night. In fact, he's only slept for a 3 hour period three times in his 6 weeks here. This is a real gift after nights of him sleeping from only 30 minutes to 2 hours. I hope this is progress and not an accident!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imagejLeigh0709:
    Rachael, did your pedi suggest giving Tylenol or anything before you went in? Reading your post makes me want to call mine and see what they suggest. M did great with his circ and shots too at the hospital so I wasn't really giving the vaccinations too much thought.

No, she didn't, but call and ask. I bet it's ok and often recommended.

I still don't think I would have given him any beforehand because I want to know how he'll react to things on his own, ya know?

But I should have given him some Tylenol sooner and treated his "fit" more serious in the beginning. At first, I thought he was just crying because he was overtired and got woken from his nap.

D'oh. I suck.

• 645 here. I just got up with L and was changing his diaper and DH said he would stay up and feed him so I couls go back to bed. So....here I go!

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Yesterday day was rough, culminating in LO vomiting up quite a bit of milk around 6 pm. After that, things smoothed out, and we were able to meet her hunger and burping needs before she cried....until about 7 am, when she became inconsolable for the first 4 hours of the day. 

We have a very gassy and colicky little girl over here. She is 4 weeks and more alert now. This will sound really bad, but I'm a little bummed out that she is more awake because it is more difficult to calm her down. There is no cooing, though we are studying faces intermittently between long jags of crying. It's heartbreaking because I can see she is developing and interested in the world, but she is bound up with gas and in some degree of discomfort almost every minute she is awake. 

Odd as it sounds, I think we had a good night last night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"