Cloth Diapering
Options

Washing routine

How long did it take you to figure out your washing routine? DD will be here in a few weeks. I'm prepping my inserts/prefolds now, covers are washed. I used Tide originially but then "re-prepped" with Rockin' Green. But I'm worried about once these diapers are getting used that it'll take forever for me to figure out how to wash and not have issues like repelling and rash, especially with an HE washer! Am I just over-thinking/over-worrying? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Washing routine

• Options
    Yep, don't stress out about it!  You'll get into a groove when it becomes routine.  Issues will come up and you'll deal with them as they present themselves.   Try not to worry!

• Options
    You'll find a routine that works for you.

I use a HE machine and Tide HE detergent.

Cold rinse, no soap. Hot wash with soap. Cold rinse, no soap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Diaper washing doesn't have to be difficult. My original routine with my HE FL was cold regular wash no detergent, hot regular wash with Country Save and extra rinse. Now I do hot quick wash no detergent, hot heavy duty wash with Tide powder and extra rinse. So, the routine is a little different from what I started with, but not much. In 10 months I've never stripped a diaper or had to do anything crazy other than a disinfecting when DD got a yeast rash.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"