December 2010 Moms

Random Ramblings

Both kids are sick.  Snot-making machines.  Coughing, sneezing, the whole 9 yards.  They're not overly crabby, though, so that's a good thing.  I've been giving them Benadryl at night to try to dry up the mucus so they can breathe (NOT for the sedative effect, though it's an added bonus!  LOL) because I can control it during the day.  Thursday night, R sneezed in my eye.  Yep.  This isn't going to end well for me...

Last night, R head-butted me SO HARD that he broke my nose.  Well, I cannot say definitively that it's broken, but I felt and HEARD a crunch.  The bridge of my nose hurts so bad, I can barely put on my glasses, and I've had a massive headache since.  Good times.

Today, H was laying on her playmat, I was right on the floor with her.  R LOVES to lay next to her or just generally be near her.  It's really sweet.  So he's eating his Cheerios out of his snack cup, she's playing away.  I look away for a split second I swear, and I think I hear R say "Cheerio Hannah"...I look back and she's gumming something, YEP he put a Cheerio in her mouth.  I almost had a heart attack as I was fishing it out of her mouth.  I then spent a good 5 minutes trying to get R to understand that H doesn't have teeth and can't have food and only gets milk, etc.  Ugh.

Sorry for the vent/whine.  It's been a stressful holiday season.  Plus, not to be an AW, but I turn 40 in 3 days.  So there's that...    Thanks for reading!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Ramblings

• Oh geez! Sounds like a rough one there! Hope things improve soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow! What a crazy few days. Hope your nose feels better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, that sounds really rough.  I hope things improve really soon.

Aso-is it bad that I would rather eat the cupcakes then have either the man or the wine? 

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Sorry its been a rough few days for you=(.  Me and my kids were sick too and IT SUCKS!  As for you turning 40, watch the movie "This is 40" lol.  It'll cheer you up!
  • Haha, yep. By the time K was 5 months she already had Cheerios, carrots, and goldfish shoved in her mouth. Always happened during snack when I turned to refill his milk.

image   image

• I'm sorry for the tough times. I hope things start looking up! ooh...and I hear 40 is the new 20! :)

imageCheekers2010:

Ugh, that sounds really rough.  I hope things improve really soon.

Aso-is it bad that I would rather eat the cupcakes then have either the man or the wine? 

Normally I would have to agree, but I love me some Ryan Gosling!!!!! YUMMY!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • If it wasn't real life, I swear this could be the makings of some comedy show about parenthood! All I can say is hang in there tomorrow is boundto be better. And I pray the kids get better before you fall prey to the snotmaking plague that's in your house. Thanks R for that sneeze in the eye. Awesome.

• imageJoJoMama730:
    If it wasn't real life, I swear this could be the makings of some comedy show about parenthood! .

Seriously!  If anyone was looking for material this would be a good place to start.  Load up on that Vitamin C mama!!  And isn't there something in red wine that's good for you??  Mind as well load up on that too....

• THANK YOU LADIES!  There's a reason I love this board so much!

Cheekers - That's why the cupcakes are first!  LOL

babycakes - That movie looks hilarious, I will have to see it soon

EMO - That's funny, and a little scary...LOL  I knew I had to watch him around her, I just didn't realize the possibility of random things ending up in her mouth (not of her own doing) was a concern! 

MrsDe - THANKS!  I'd be happy if 40 was the new 30!  hahaha

I do love you ladies, thank you for indulging my whining.  My nose still KILLS, and it even hurts to chew.  But we're hanging in there! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"