December 2010 Moms

Anyone had their gallbladder out?

Title for mobile uses: Anyone had their gallbladder out?

Found out today that my gallbladder is only performing at 6%, so I was referred to a surgeon. My guess is he'll want to take it out. Anyone had the surgery? Symptoms any better? It seems that for every positive review I hear, I hear one negative one. But at this point I'm so miserable that I'm willing to try anything!

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone had their gallbladder out?

• i had horrible attacks..puking horribly and it was hell.  i felt much better after the surgery.  i did not have kids at the time..so i was able to stay well rested though.

i am so glad to have had it removed..but i had no choice.  i had gallstones.

good luck. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it removed 1,5 years ago. When pregnant with J I got gallstones, and then had to wait 11 months until they were done examining me and removed the blather.  I had some small. insignificant difficulties afterwards, but I also had to take care of Jacob at the same time after the surgery. But it is defenately worth it!
    <3 Cathrine 24 from Norway - Mommy and Married <3

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersDaisypath Graduation tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I just had mine out in June. I had stones and one had blocked the common bile duct causing liver damage and pancreatitis. Mine was done as emergency but I think if it had been planned it would have been even easier.
    I declined the heavy meds after because I was BFing but with them I expect it would've been a breeze. I was down for about 2 days then limited for a week. I couldn't lift more than 20 lbs for 2weeks.
    Glad I had it done. I don't have any diet restrictions. Good luck!

image   image

• I had my gall bladder attack at 18 weeks pregnant with this one.  Had my 2nd attack the other day at 30 weeks.  Once I'm 6 weeks post c/s they're going to take it out finally.  I feel like death but I have to wait til the baby is out and the uterus has shrunk back to normal.  I'm tired of trying to take care of a 2 yr old and being nauseous and vomiting all the time.  I'm uber jealous of you ladies that can get it out immediately.  I'm having a rough gall bladder day... sorry I'm whiney :( 
  • imageonlymeggan:
    I had my gall bladder attack at 18 weeks pregnant with this one.  Had my 2nd attack the other day at 30 weeks.  Once I'm 6 weeks post c/s they're going to take it out finally.  I feel like death but I have to wait til the baby is out and the uterus has shrunk back to normal.  I'm tired of trying to take care of a 2 yr old and being nauseous and vomiting all the time.  I'm uber jealous of you ladies that can get it out immediately.  I'm having a rough gall bladder day... sorry I'm whiney :( 

That completely sucks, but I know EXACTLY how you feel! (although, luckily I don't have to deal with pregnancy on top of it). Are you able to take anything for the nausea? The doc gave me Zolfran and I LOVE it (but I'm not sure if it's pregnancy safe). By the time I meet with the surgeon to discuss things, and actually schedule the surgery, I'm sure it will be about another 2 months, so I'm right there with you!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I could probably take Zofran and the surgeon gave me some pain pill but I'm trying to "tough it out" for the baby.  For the most part if I watch my fat and grease intake I'm ok but now I have GD so I'm low carb too.  I'm running out of food options.  You'll be amazed at how fast they can get you in and scheduled.  Hope you get it out soon!  My mom, my cousin, and my friend all feel much better without theirs.  My best friend is having hers out on January 11th.
  •  I had mine out about a month after DS was born (had my doctors not dismissed my pain/ER visits I could've had it out at the same time but that's another story) 

anyway- i had an attack the night before my surgery was to be performed. I told the surgeon and he noted it. Anyway, the attack the night before moved the stone into a duct which in turn gave me pancreatitis. I was told that even tho this is common they don't routinely check the ducts. I had to have another surgery and was in the hospital for 5 days.. That was horrible but again another story.. What i'm saying is that you should check with your surgeon to see if it's a possibility that they check the ducts while performing the surgery so that you don't end up with a similar problem.

that said- i would recommend the surgery to anyone having attacks. i haven't really had problems since except when i first got pregnant.. If i ate heavy meals  in my first two months I got some pain but nothing in comparrision to the attacks I was having.. 

i hope you feel better soon and the surgery helps you..

oh another thing- if you can help it don't google it. there are so many bad experiences out there (as it is for any surgery or situation)  i googled it and it made me worry but really there was nothing to worry about. surgery went well and i healed well and now i can eat whatever i want :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"