Pre-School and Daycare
Options

where to buy bedroom furniture?

I've looked at Costco online and sears, any other ideas of where to buy furniture for DD's bedroom?  She's in the daybed option from her crib currently, but the crib and dresser/nightstand will be her brother's in about 4 months.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: where to buy bedroom furniture?

• Options
    most furniture places have kids sections.  Ashley is affordable and ok quality.   We found a local store that sells kids style stuff that is good quality.  Another option is to go to resale places and paint decorate the furniture yourself.  

We own a self storage company so once in awhile stuff gets abandoned or no one buys a locker.  DS has some ugly stuff, but we let him decorate and it turned out cute.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have bought all of our baby and kid furniture from The Land of Nod.  I like to wait until they offer a shipping promotion though to order the big items.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Land of Nod, Pottery Barn, any actual furniture store, Target and Walmart online, Ikea, etc.
  • Options
    Amy furniture store sells kids furniture.  One huge suggestion is to buy an adult size dresser as while her clothes are small now, in a few short years, her clothes get bigger and the kid (toddler) size dressers will not work.  We bought both girls a regular dresser from the furniture store - adult size and hoping it lasts until they leave for college.  Both girls have twin size trundle beds (bunk not an option in our house due to the ceiling fans) and they love them.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    DS has our old full bed, a bookshelf from Ikea that he uses as a nightstand/to put his sippy on at night and he has an antique dresser we found at an estate sale.
  • Options

I have an unhealthy love for anything Ikea... LOL.

But seriously, it's cheap, and stands up well to abuse. Plus so much of it is made well for small spaces. Even if you're not in a smaller home/apartment it's never a bad thing to be efficiently using the space you do have.

Plus I love how whimsical & fun the kids stuff looks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We've found some great stuff on Amazon.com. Just read the reviews and they give you a good idea for quality, etc. And many come with free shipping. It's been a life saver for us!

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"