Late Term and Child Loss

Hanging out with our babies?

Do you guys ever think that you are hanging out with your babies? ...because I do. Am I crazy?

For example, I have the day off today because it's Bradley's 3 month milestone, and when co-workers asked what I was going to do, I blurted out (without thinking) that I was just going to hang out with Bradley.  I think I consider times when I devote 100% of my mind to thinking about him or reading to him as hanging out. I sure hope he's with me, I think he is. 

Do any of you think the same? How do you describe it to others? 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Hanging out with our babies?

• I will be thinking of you today on your three month milestone.  I don't think you're crazy at all!  I set aside time to be with Ava, and it normally involves looking through her memory box, visiting the cemetery, journaling, and just devoting time to only thoughts about her.  I do believe they are with us in spirit.  Big ((hugs)) to you Starburst.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• If you're crazy then I need to hop on the train too.  I spend Corbin time in his room, or looking at pictures or visiting him at the cemetery. I've only told a few people but he talks to me too and I can see him.  I know most people would find that odd so I only tell that to a select number of people.  I think all of our babies hang out and play with each other and they're all the best of friends.

Will be thinking of you today.  The 3 month milestone can be rough.  Be gentle on yourself today and always.  {{HUGS}}

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imagefluttergirlmoonchild79:

If you're crazy then I need to hop on the train too.  I spend Corbin time in his room, or looking at pictures or visiting him at the cemetery. I've only told a few people but he talks to me too and I can see him.  I know most people would find that odd so I only tell that to a select number of people.  I think all of our babies hang out and play with each other and they're all the best of friends.

Will be thinking of you today.  The 3 month milestone can be rough.  Be gentle on yourself today and always.  {{HUGS}}

Thank you for sharing, that is so awesome and I am so jealous. I always try to find Bradley's little signs, and I've only had 2 or 3. I can't wait for the day I'm blessed with a living child and they tell me they see and play with Bradley. I get the feeling my little nephew (2 years) sees Bradley because he recognizes Bradley in pictures and there was really no way of him knowing what Bradley looked like.

I've always wondered if Bradley follows me around and plays with the babies of the loss moms I talk with.  My loss group is getting together in the near future, so do our babies get a play date? That would be cool.

• imagemeli1025:
    I will be thinking of you today on your three month milestone.  I don't think you're crazy at all!  I set aside time to be with Ava, and it normally involves looking through her memory box, visiting the cemetery, journaling, and just devoting time to only thoughts about her.  I do believe they are with us in spirit.  Big ((hugs)) to you Starburst.

Thanks, this day can't be worse than Christmas, right?  It sucks that when we spend time with our babies we have to do the things you listed above. I just want to hold, kiss and cuddle my little guy.

• imagefluttergirlmoonchild79:

If you're crazy then I need to hop on the train too.  I spend Corbin time in his room, or looking at pictures or visiting him at the cemetery. I've only told a few people but he talks to me too and I can see him.  I know most people would find that odd so I only tell that to a select number of people.  I think all of our babies hang out and play with each other and they're all the best of friends.

Thanks for sharing this. I try so hard to open myself up so that maybe I can catch a glimpse of Jillian. I could have sworn I heard her sweet little coo's on Christmas eve morning..and that night I had the most beautiful dream that she was here and we were just doing regular everyday things.

Jillian Rose- born 8/26/12 at 24 weeks. "It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for a part of me went with you, the day God took you home"
    I love you always, my beautiful girl.

Hysteroscopy 3/1/13 Dx: Unicornuate uterus

|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation TrackeMy Ovulation Chart

BFP 3/18/13- Please be our Rainbow, we love you so much already.

6/4/13-Found out we're having a BOY!!

10/30/13-He's here!! Happy Birthday, Ryan! We love you so much! xo

Lilypie - (Bfmg)

• Starburst- I'll be thinking of you today, milestone days are always so hard. ((hugs))

Jillian Rose- born 8/26/12 at 24 weeks. "It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for a part of me went with you, the day God took you home"
    I love you always, my beautiful girl.

Hysteroscopy 3/1/13 Dx: Unicornuate uterus

|| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation TrackeMy Ovulation Chart

BFP 3/18/13- Please be our Rainbow, we love you so much already.

6/4/13-Found out we're having a BOY!!

10/30/13-He's here!! Happy Birthday, Ryan! We love you so much! xo

Lilypie - (Bfmg)

• I cuddle and talk to the box of ashes.  I don't necessarily make plans to do it, but I do spend time (occasionally) just holding his ashes and speaking to him.

I miss him, he is my baby, and that is all I have of him.  Besides H, I don't share that with others.

Also - I do speak to him without the box of ashes.  I don't know if he hears, this whole thing has really tested my faith in that, but I like to think so.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Thank you for posting this. DH and I both spend time with Julian. In the first few weeks after he was born, I would go into the nursery where we keep his ashes and say good morning and goodnight every day. Sometimes I would sit in there and talk to him or just think about him. I've done that less lately, but I definitely still talk to him throughout the day (e.g. "you would like this song" or "wow, look at that full moon"). I wrote him a letter for the first time on Christmas eve and posted it on my blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"