LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check In

Sorry, forgot it was Wednesday. I have nothing new but in case others want to check in...

QOTD: Besides getting pregnant, do you have any New Year's resolutions?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: TTC Check In

• Options
    I hope everyone had a great holiday. We are stuck at in laws house in a blizzard but I'm happy because my 4 year old niece is sleeping in my lap.

Just got a call from clinic. I did a progesterone test on Monday, one week post IUI and the results came back at 41.4. The message said this is excellent but I don't know what this means. Why did they test my progesterone when I am taking suppositories? It's too early to POAS so I don't know what to think. I'm looking at my levels here to see if it means anything. Anyone know why they would test only one week after iUi? https://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/hormonelevels.html
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    NY resolution: To start swimming again at the gym. I've been lazy in my TTC process, and this is one exercise I really enjoy and is really good for me no matter what.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for MollyKelley!

We are good, as per our post below... Even though I know our iui was done too early for much short of a miracle and some super strong and super slow sperm to work I am finding myself super attuned to my cycle. I am someone who has bad PMS
    Physical symptoms anyway ... The whole gamut from nausea to heartburn to sore everything .... So I am feeling those develop as the week goes on. Annoying! Oh well... We will test anyway in another week as we start the new cycle.

QOTD: In the new year my goal is to start proactive eating. Getting the dx of autoimmune antibodies and high sugar has given me a bit of a kick to consider stopping the foods I know I have sensitivity to... Like wheat. I am going to try to do the 80 percent good, and 20 percent treats plan I think in the new year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options

imagemollykelley:
    I hope everyone had a great holiday. We are stuck at in laws house in a blizzard but I'm happy because my 4 year old niece is sleeping in my lap. Just got a call from clinic. I did a progesterone test on Monday, one week post IUI and the results came back at 41.4. The message said this is excellent but I don't know what this means. Why did they test my progesterone when I am taking suppositories? It's too early to POAS so I don't know what to think. I'm looking at my levels here to see if it means anything. Anyone know why they would test only one week after iUi?

A progesterone test at 7dpo -- which should also be 7 days post-IUI -- is used to confirm ovulation and measure strength of ovulation.  You could have a weak ovulation and your progesterone would be lower.  41 indicates a strong ovulation which means your odds for pregnancy are higher than if it was weak -- so that's a good thing.

From what I have been told, the progesterone from suppositories does not show up in your blood, so that 41 is what your body is producing naturally -- and thus a fairly accurate indication of the strength of ovulation.

Good luck!

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ball.and.chain for the help! Good that my ovulation was strong, and I'm just hoping the timing was right. I'm looking forward to NYE to test!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options

I do not have any resolution except to get KU! LOL.  I will be going in for testing on the 31st to see if we're ready for the trigger then HOPEFULLY we'll do our 1st IUI on the 2nd.  I bought us tickets to see the Van Gogh show in the afternoon so we don't sit at home staring at my uterus. ;) I am so excited and nervous. GUHHHHhhhhh make time go faster!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options

Looks like exciting things are happening around here! Hoping that the new year brings us all beautiful BFP's!

Today was CD 12 for us. I went in for monitoring and there was 1 follicle 22mm same as it was yesterday. The nurse advised me to trigger tonight and IUI tomorrow or Sunday depending on what my bloodwork showed. Later today she called and said to trigger tonight after 8 and come in for iui on Sunday at 9:20 am. I'm really hoping that this is good timing. Last time I think I was surging on my own so I triggered on CD 14 and had the iui the next day. This cycle has been very different, the follicle is bigger and iui is happening 37.5 hrs after trigger. The nurse said that cycles can very and it's nothing to worry about. Hoping and praying that this eggie and timing brings us a BFP for my DW's bday in January. 

Sending good luck vibes and baby dust to all!!! 

Me(30) & DW(33) Married August 19, 2011. Mommies to a beautiful pooch. TTC#1~IUI#1-Nov 30/12=BFN IUI#2-Dec 30/12 http://mommyandmum.blogspot.ca/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"