September 2011 Moms
Options

"Bye Bye Binky"

Tonight we're starting the Binky weaning... I read about a method called Bye Bye Binky that looks great.

Night one you poke some pin holes in the Binky so it loses suction.
Night two you cut a small slice in it; even more suction is lost so she loses interest.
Night three she gives it up completely on her own, probably annoyed at her Binky. Haha.

Of course every baby is different, some might think its broken and want to try another, but you just have to make sure all binkies are slit. Some might take a night or two longer. We'll see how Ry does.

If it doesn't work we'll try cold turkey.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "Bye Bye Binky"

• Options
    Can't wait to see how Ry does!  This is probably the method we're going to take with J too, but I'm not considering it any time soon (I refuse to go back to sleepless nights lol)
  • Options
    imagecmoosey:

Good luck!  I've been relieved to see D is happy to have it just with sleeping and car rides again.  We went through a rough spell with a lot of paci use during the day too. 

This sounds like a good plan.  I hope it works for Little Miss.

We're going through this now - it stemmed from being so many places for Christmas, and bad naps, and mom being tired of hearing him whine for it!  Hoping daycare can get him back off of it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejakstr0808:
    I'm jealous. I don't know how I'm going to wean thumb sucking, but I'm sure putting slits in their thumbs won't work. Lol jk. Good luck JKGym and Ry!!!

Similarly, I wish there was a way to do this with my boob!! Hope it goes well JK! 

• Options
    Please let us know how it goes! We had J down to only sleeping and car rides for a while, but ever since we traveled he's been a binky monster. My original plan was to wait until we turn the car seat around and then take it away at the same time, but maybe this method is better.
  • Options
    Good luck!  We'll need to try something like that soon.  We just stopped letting her have it outside of bed and the car, and even that has been a little rough.

• Options

Good luck!! 

If we did that, O would just steal her brothers.. Haha! 

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Let us know how it works.  Once all C's teeth are in I plan in starting to take it away.  It's the best teether for him.  All we have left are the 2 eye teeth and those are definitely on the way.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagejakstr0808:
    I'm jealous. I don't know how I'm going to wean thumb sucking, but I'm sure putting slits in their thumbs won't work. Lol jk. Good luck JKGym and Ry!!!

This is where I'm at too! The only trick I've found is to hold her left hand [the thumb she sucks] when we are out and about during the day to keep her from sucking it.

Good luck, Ry!
  • Options

imageshelley1002:
    Let us know how it works.  Once all C's teeth are in I plan in starting to take it away.  It's the best teether for him.  All we have left are the 2 eye teeth and those are definitely on the way.

This is us too. He loves his pacifier and uses it to rub his gums. We are waiting on one more molar and 6 other teeth in the front. I am hoping maybe by 18 months they will all be in and we can say so long to the pacifier.  

"From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Options
    Hmph.... Rylee was hoping you all would convince me NOT to do this... Poor kid doesn't know what's coming.

Sleep training went a lot better than I expected so maybe this will go ok too?

Thanks for the support ladies... Full report in the next day or two...
  • Options

Oh little Rylee I hope this goes well for you!  Be nice to your momma and just happily decide the paci is no longer for you.

I will be stalking this board like no other for an update on this!  I'll probably wait until summer break to try it with Bridget just so I can handle the sleepless nights better, but man would it be nice to have a plan of action!

Good luck! 

• Options
    I'm glad you posted this, because a girl on FB posted how she was cutting nipples off pacis and it confused me. They way you explain it makes much more sense. I'm sure this is probably a stupid question, but is it safe to do that? I think I'd just worry a part of the nipple would come off and the baby would choke. Yeah, I know, I'm paranoid....

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagestrngysgurl:
    I'm glad you posted this, because a girl on FB posted how she was cutting nipples off pacis and it confused me. They way you explain it makes much more sense. I'm sure this is probably a stupid question, but is it safe to do that? I think I'd just worry a part of the nipple would come off and the baby would choke. Yeah, I know, I'm paranoid....

Totally not a stupid question... But to put an image in your head of ME looking stupid, I tried to chew a piece off and couldn't. That's how I deemed it safe. Haha. The holes I made tonight were from a sanitized safety pin. And I made about 15 holes because I gave it a suck and barely noticed the loss of suction. DH gave it to her on the changing table during PJ time and she kept taking it in and out of her mouth which is uncommon. So far she has it in her mouth in the crib and seems happy but I'm thinking she notices a difference. :]

Crossing my fingers this goes well and others can give it a shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"