Blended Families

Just found this board

Good afternoon ladies!

I'm newly married and just found this board. I have an 8year old daughter from a previous relationship. My husband is fantastic with DD. They get along just great and most importantly she respects him and looks up to him! 

Early on in our engagement, DD used to ask all of the time for us to have a baby. We wanted to wait until we were married. Fast forward a few months and her father and his gf have a baby. And her whole world changed. She is now adament that she does not want any other sibblings.

Has anyone else gone through this?

Happy New Year BTW.

Re: Just found this board

• I have not gone through this, but wanted to say, welcome!

Why does SD now not want a sibling from you and DH? What are the negative feelings she has from BD & his gf having a baby? Does she feel less loved, is she getting less attention, etc. Try to get to the root of the problem and then assure her those things will not happen when you and DH have a baby. Make sure she knows that you will not love her any less, and that you will still make one on one time for her. I would just have a conversation with her and fine out why exactly she is against another sibling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"