August 2011 Moms
Options

Is it Friday?

'cause I have a confession.

I am totally taking advantage of Hotel Grandma. "Sleeping" in until 9am every day (actually just staying in bed, listening to Grandma wrangle the grandkids), checking my email/fb/bump while she runs after him, late night Starbucks runs.... Oh yeah. I don't think I've gotten up before 7 or 8 since we left Hawaii. I'm nicer than my brother, though - he and SIL are staying at a hotel, left both kids with Grandma, and don't show up over here until after 10.

On the downside, I'm ready to get out of here and go find a new house. Unfortunately, I'm stuck here until DH leaves for training.

Edit: to clarify how bad it's gotten: DS is sleeping in our room while the nieces are here. DH was up before DS, and I didn't feel like getting up yet. When DS woke up and started jabbering enough to disturb my snoozing, I got him out of bed, opened the door, set him on his way to the kitchen to Grandma, and went back to bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is it Friday?

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:

When DS woke up and started jabbering enough to disturb my snoozing, I got him out of bed, opened the door, set him on his way to the kitchen to Grandma, and went back to bed.

Grandma comes and gets them from our room when they start making noise.  It.is.GLORIOUS!!  No flames here!! ;P

My IL's are watching H&O tomorrow.  We're dropping them off at 9am tomorrow and picking them up at 11am on Sunday.  I have never been away from the kids overnight (well, Hank stayed with my parents when Otis was born).  But, both at the same time?  EEEEEKKK!!!

We're gonna have a blast being adults sans kids, but I'm still going to miss the piss out of the boys.

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageJaysonandKristin:
    imageladybugpjb:

When DS woke up and started jabbering enough to disturb my snoozing, I got him out of bed, opened the door, set him on his way to the kitchen to Grandma, and went back to bed.

Grandma comes and gets them from our room when they start making noise.  It.is.GLORIOUS!!  No flames here!! ;P

My IL's are watching H&O tomorrow.  We're dropping them off at 9am tomorrow and picking them up at 11am on Sunday.  I have never been away from the kids overnight (well, Hank stayed with my parents when Otis was born).  But, both at the same time?  EEEEEKKK!!!

We're gonna have a blast being adults sans kids, but I'm still going to miss the piss out of the boys.

MIL did that when we were there - so awesome.

Enjoy your time alone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I wish MIL would do it, she is nice and watched him Chistams eve while we went ice fishing with the nephew (18 & 20) and their girlfriends.  But when MIL is here overnight she is always sleeping in later.

My mom is good about doing it though as she is an earlier riser. But since we live so close we don't stay there overnight.  Over Thanksgiving it was great when mom got up in the morning and took Abel over since he was sick and not sleeping so me and DH could get more sleep.  Then the last night was the worst so my dad drove us home in our vehicle so we could nap and not worry about sleeping at the wheel.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

So jealous!  If we stayed with the ILs, we would probably get the same treatment.  Buuuutt...they only live 25 mins away, and DH will always make the drive home to get to sleep at our place.  I'm hoping to cash in on some extra sleep if/when we all go away together for Easter!

My confession:  My pile of gifts to return is getting a little ridiculous, and that really excites me!  I'm already thinking of what I'm going to buy with my Kohl's store credit.  The flameful part is...I'm sad my MIL bought me so much from Motherhood Maternity.  Since I'm not working, I really don't feel like I need a full maternity wardrobe, as I'm just as comfy in sweats when I'm at home.  Wishing I could put some of it towards regular clothes after the baby is born.  Oh well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"