Single Parents

So am I wrong?

BD and I agreed a month ago he would take our daughter Hayden for Xmas day. He is the one that said he would pick her up Xmas Day at 11am and I agreed to it. Well Xmas Eve he texts me saying he will pick DD up at 9:30, and I got angry and told him no because of what we agreed on. So him and I faught all night about the sitatution. So am I wrong for not agreeing to let him take DD earlier when he already agreed on a plan?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So am I wrong?

• You are NOT wrong. If you both agreed to a plan and last minute he wants to change it, HE'S in the wrong, not you.

Do you have a custody plan? When I broke up with BD, I immediately filed for custody so that it was set so we didn't have to deal with this stuff and so that it was already set. You don't need a lawyer, you just need to do some research and find the free legal help near your county courts and get some help from them so you can file for custody and they can help you prepare for it as well. I think you typically have to go through mediation first and then finalize it in court. I promise it will help with these situations. It's worth it to pay the court fees to get this done.

Good luck! It will all work out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He is wrong. What is it with men and being successful with turning the blame!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is part of why my lawyer asked if i wanted our custody order to dictate a holiday schedule and what hours consist of the holiday. 
  • Ok...maybe I am missing something here....but isn't is more important that your child spend the holiday with her Father?

What was the reason for wanting to pick up his daughter earlier?  I mean...sometimes there are logical reasons to request a change in pick-up times.  I understand you had an agreement, I even understand it can be frustrating to quickly have to change your plans....but seriously????  To fight ALL NIGHT over a difference of 1.5 hours????

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"