December 2012 Moms
Options

Acupuncture?

So I am due today and had a doctors appointment, and already my doctor is talking about chemical induction next week, which I am not a fan of. I was wondering if anyone has tried acupuncture to get things moving and if it worked?

Re: Acupuncture?

• Options

It's hard to say what works and what doesn't, but I think it at least helped to get my body ready.  With DD I had it done on a Friday and Saturday (40w) and went into labor early on Tuesday morning.  After I had it done on Friday I started having horrible sciatic nerve pain and could feel DD moving around a lot.  When I woke up the next morning DD had dropped considerably.  The DOC who did it said, it's not instantaneous and as like any natural induction technique will only work if your body is ready.  I haven't tried acupuncture/chiropractor yet this time, but probably will soon.

Also you might check with your insurance I was surprised to learn mine covered 90% as long as the acupuncturist was also a chiropractor.    

• Options
    I did it and I think it helped.  Went for double treatments every day for the three days prior to my induction (41 weeks) and showed up to the induction already in labor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I opted for a massage using acupressure points. I had the massage on Friday and had DD on Sunday.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm a total believer in accupuncture! I started going when I was 39 weeks and had 3 sessions, with the final one being when I was 40 +3. My water broke less than 2 hours after my final appointment however my contractions were inconsistent and not productive so I ended up getting pitocin to help them along. The pitocin wasnt bad as long as the stupid nurse doesnt increase the dosage for shits and giggles... I was progressing well with the dosage at 3 but for whatever reason she turned it up to 5 which distressed the baby bc the contractions were too strong. I ended up getting an epidural bc of that and I truly believe if she didnt pull that stunt I would have been able to labor w/o pain meds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"