Babies: 9 - 12 Months

stride rite shoes- which ones?

until now DS has been using only Robeez type shoes.  He is now walking- everywhere.  Crawling is no longer even a considered method of transportation.  I want to get him some good shoes for when we go outside, in public, etc....but the Step 2's for "Early Walkers" seem so clunky!  I don't see him walking in them well at all.  I know they say to keep them in socks or barefoot until 2 years, that's why we've been using the Robeez when needed.  Should we just stick with them as long as possible?

Anniversary

Re: stride rite shoes- which ones?

• DD wore robeez when she first started walking around 10 months but we got her a pair of stride rite for going out. I think it took her a few times of wearing them to get used to them but she is fine now. We go barefoot or socks in the house.... No shoes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think the Early Walker shoes are fine.  We just got a pair for DD.  If you feel them they are pretty flexible and the sole is thinner than it looks.  We are just using them for going out.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Stride Rite Artie sneakers and they're really nice. Super lightweight and stay on really well-- and my son does a mixture of crawling and cruising so the shoe has to stand up to a lot of bending. They have the rounded toe so there isn't a big sole to trip on, too. Have you been to the actual store to pick them up and try them on? I originally saw them online and thought they'd be heavy, too but was pleasantly surprised when I checked them out in the store. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageeyenigh:
    We have the Stride Rite Artie sneakers and they're really nice. Super lightweight and stay on really well-- and my son does a mixture of crawling and cruising so the shoe has to stand up to a lot of bending. They have the rounded toe so there isn't a big sole to trip on, too. Have you been to the actual store to pick them up and try them on? I originally saw them online and thought they'd be heavy, too but was pleasantly surprised when I checked them out in the store. 

No, we don't have a store near us.  I think I'll invest in a pair....I trust you guys :)  Now to just pray they fit.  DS has super wide feet!  SR is one of the few places we can find wide width

Anniversary

• imagemeg_2006:

imageeyenigh:
    We have the Stride Rite Artie sneakers and they're really nice. Super lightweight and stay on really well-- and my son does a mixture of crawling and cruising so the shoe has to stand up to a lot of bending. They have the rounded toe so there isn't a big sole to trip on, too. Have you been to the actual store to pick them up and try them on? I originally saw them online and thought they'd be heavy, too but was pleasantly surprised when I checked them out in the store. 

No, we don't have a store near us.  I think I'll invest in a pair....I trust you guys :)  Now to just pray they fit.  DS has super wide feet!  SR is one of the few places we can find wide width

If you have a Nordstrom near you they carry them there in store as well. 

ETA - one like this will probably work really well for you:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/S/stride-rite-trent-sneaker-baby-walker-toddler/3370635?origin=PredictiveSearch&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0 

image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"