November 2012 Moms
Options

AW: I'm Back!

Yep. I'm back at work now and can now enjoy the bump without having to entertain a newborn :). I never did get around to writing my birth story. What can I say, I'm a slacker! Although this is kinda of long and the questions are at the bottom :)

Z is spending my work days being entertained by Grammy (yes she choose that as what to be called and I hate it :)) and Papa Tom. Today though he gets a treat and is home with Daddy who wasn't feeling well.

So here's how my first day at work went yesterday, I spent the first two hours of my day going through email before getting a call from my mom who informed me that baby had a dr appointment at 1:30 because she was worried that his dimple on his butt (at the base of his tail bone) was deep and not closed and the doctors office said to bring him in to get it checked out. She did all this after consulting my aunt who use to be an RN and Dr. Google. She was worried because he has diarrhea from switching formulas. still trying to find one that works well without all the gassy tummy pains. I think we've settled on Gerber Gentle but dad likes Similac Advance due to the ready to feed formula bottles. 

So I drive the 50 minutes to her house and pick her and baby up and go to dr offices (Yep another 50 minutes). Doc says well I can't see the bottom and see if it's closed so we'll set up an ultrasound to figure it out (That's scheduled for tomorrow). Then I drive her back (the 50 minutes) and bring baby back with me for the last hour and half of my work day.  

So basically my question is, has anyone ever experienced this butt dimple and have it not be closed and if it wasn't closed, wouldn't he be fussy or something? It's a deep dimple and the doc can't tell if it's closed hence the ultrasound tomorrow. 

Also what formula are you guys using if baby is very gassy? We seemed fine on Similac Advance and then we started mixing in Kirkland (cause lets face it, Costco brand is half the cost of Similac and it's supposed to be the same thing) and he would just cry like he was in pain and I had to help him fart.

Then we switched to soy and that just made him constipated and stinky, so then we switched to Gerber Gentle and gas drops and seemed ok but Hubby wants to go back to Similac Advance and gas drops but he still seems extra fussy and has diarrhea due to the switch. I'm hoping that settles down soon. I also have coupons for the Similac so that's a lot more helpful in cost. 

Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: AW: I'm Back!

• Options
    Both kids i used similac sensitive. I may have to switch to similac soy for lo because he may be lactose intolerant like dh.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers       AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    The only issue I have the sensitive (we did supplement that in for a bit for night time till it was gone because it was a free sample) is that it's first ingredient is Corn Syrup Solid. I'm not sure why it bothers me but it seems like all the sensitive formulas are full of sugar as the first ingredient. Am I being too cautious about that? We have weight issues in our family and I just don't want to start out in that category. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched from similac advanced to enfamil Cuz LO wasn't pooping and had horrible gas. He's fine now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We have been using Enfamil Premium since day 1. No issues here. 
  • Options
    L is pretty gassy and we switched from Similac Advanced to Similac Sensitive because we had samples of it. Once we knew he was doing better on the sensitive formula, we asked the pedi about switching to the Target brand sensitive formula. He's doing really well on it, so I think we'll stay with it.

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"