Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Jealous!

Of all these babies sleeping through the night!! I get 4 hours on a good night! Any tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Jealous!

• Options

Does your LO wake up at night to eat? Something that helped us was adding a phantom feed (dream feed) at night. This has helped our LO with the long stretch through the night. He goes down about 9:30 or 10 and is out until 7am.

• Options
    We try and put him down between 830 and 9. Sometimes he falls asleep right away sometimes not until 10. Then he's up about 3 hours after that to eat then back down and up another 23 after that. He's almost 2 mo. I was EBF but we needed to switch to formula due to mspi. He's doing great on it and naps well but won't sleep long at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've heard of dream feeds so I just tried to give it a try. Total fail. LO has been asleep for awhile so I got a bottle ready and picked him up. I couldn't get him to open his mouth for anything! He was knocked out and now I wasted formula. Did I do this wrong?
  • Options
    The first couple of times I tried it was tough. He wouldnt get a good latch. Im not sure about trying it with a bottle, but for us my LO started to get better each time up to now where he will get a good feeding in. I think something that helped is the time frame too. He eats at 8:30 then activity then bed by 10 and I do the dream feed at 11pm. It seems like he hasnt reached that deep deep sleep yet and maybe that helps with him not being to tired to open up and eat.
  • Options
    Everything's a phase. If your baby isn't sleeping now, he will be someday and vice versa.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Hang in a little longer. Until 9 weeks, DD was typically dong 3-4 hour stretches of sleep (occasionally longer, but it wasn't consistent). Ten one night, she slept 9:30-6:30. From there, she just started stretching it longer until she now goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up arond 6:30.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"