Attachment Parenting

best newborn carrier?

i have an Ergo that I love from DD1, however I am looking into a newborn carrier for DD2 that i can use now.  I love how easy the Ergo is, and the Moby looks too complicated for me.  Any reccomendations?   I was looking at the Babyhawk Mei Tai, but I'm not sure. and none of my friends babywear.

i appreciate it!

Re: best newborn carrier?

• Moby. It's more intimidating than anything, my LO would fall fast asleep in it as soon as I started walking. I first started using it at 2 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm with you.  I didn't like the MOBY... I watched all the videos again and again, but my DS would start to get fussy and then by the time I got the darn thing tied on, he'd be freaking out.  I'm thinking about the Baby K-tan for the next one. 

I really did LIKE the way the moby worked and functioned, but I found it too complicated.  I'd have to tie it on BEFORE leaving the house so I could take him right out of the carseat and then putting him in it.  Otherwise, I was tying it on in a parking lot/outside and the ends were dragging on the ground. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby ktan worked extremely well for us until LO was about 7 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved my Moby, but for quick in and out but still comfortable, I liked my ring sling.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • i was also looking at the ktan carrier, i just wasn't sure if it was too complicated or if it was easy....

anyone have the ktan and the babyhawk? i'm torn between those two. the moby is definately too complicated for me, and i know i wouldn't use it. i'm looking for something i can quickly put on and get the baby in, before my toddler gets too antsy in the car... really just can't wait until lil punkin is big enough for the ergo, but i need something in the meantime so i have a free hand to chase after my toddler. thanks

• I'm with you. I hated the moby. It wasn't hard, I just hated it. 

You can get a newborn insert for the ergo. Or you can swaddle and put a towel in under them- I haven't done this but have heard of others doing it.

For our next one, I will likely go with the k'tan, because I liked the idea of the Moby, and LO liked it, but I hated wrapping/unwrapping. I also found it to be very hot because the fabric was very thick and I am small so there was lots of extra it seemed (and we used it in the summertime). The k'tan doesn't seem like it will have all that extra fabric or that it is quite as thick as the moby. I also think I will be able to use the k'tan and the ergo at the same time with the new LO on the front and current LO on my back if needed.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"