Dads & Dads-to-be

Supports for Stay at Home Dads

Hello!

I am hoping you guys have a little advice for a working mom. My husband who is a SAHD is having a really hard time finding other stay at home dads in our community. There are tons of resources and supports for stay at home moms... but very little to nothing for dads in the same situation and when he does reach out to the SAHM groups out there, they are not very welcoming. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Supports for Stay at Home Dads

• Maybe do a web search for a group in your area?  SAHDs are not the social norm, so there isn't as much focus on them unfortunately.  Maybe join a playgroup or a gymboree class depending on how old your child is, and hopefully find a SAHD, or a parent who is more welcoming there?
  • It is hard to find groups for SAHDs my best friend is a stay at home dad who's wife tends to travel a lot.  He tends to take his children to local events like the library etc.  Then again, he lives in a rural community where there is even fewer SAHDs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am a stay at home dad for the most part. I am in the Army Reserves, so I dont work a lot. But I have odd jobs. I take my kids to the park or just outside. I feel like a house wife sometimes but whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"