1st Trimester
Options

Ultrasound question

I had an ultrasound on Dec 21 and the dr measured baby at 6 weeks 4 days with a heart beat. I went back today Dec 27 and dr measured baby at 6 weeks 6 days with a heart beat. I asked him if I should be worried about that and he said something to the effect of I would worry no matter what. So of course I'm worried and my anxiety is really high. Has anyone had this happen? Am I worrying for no reason?

Re: Ultrasound question

• Options
    Can you ask your doctor to elaborate?
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    that is a very odd response! I could be wrong, but i think that if there is a heartbeat ur ok. i mean measurements from one day to the next is like .001 its so small as it is, baby can catch up anytime. it could have been measuring ahead the first time. that happened to me
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why did the dr do an u/s one week later? Were you having problems or something? Why didn't you ask your dr when you were there??
  • Options

imageLovePink2850:
    Why did the dr do an u/s one week later? Were you having problems or something? Why didn't you ask your dr when you were there??

Yeah, I'm curious about that, too.

I would call your OB back, tell them you didn't quite understand and ask them to explain it to you. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageQueSyrah:

imageLovePink2850:

Yeah, I'm curious about that, too.

I would call your OB back, tell them you didn't quite understand and ask them to explain it to you. 

This.

image image

• Options
    I had some brown spotting on Dec 23 so my dr told me to come in on the next day they were open which was today Dec 27. I feel like I tried to ask him and he kind of skirted around my questions by just telling me that no matter what he said I would worry.
  • Options

imageNabbott32:
    I had some brown spotting on Dec 23 so my dr told me to come in on the next day they were open which was today Dec 27. I feel like I tried to ask him and he kind of skirted around my questions by just telling me that no matter what he said I would worry.

I really wouldn't worry about it. You've seen the heartbeat. Twice. That's a good sign.  Brown blood is old blood and spotting can be totally normal.

I would be kind of annoyed at him saying that, but, he's right. You're always going to worry until you have baby safely in your arms. At this point though, I don't see any reason to stress.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about that too much. Ultrasound is very variable depending on how you measure (I do ultrasounds). He probably was just more concerned about the heart rate, etc rather than getting perfect measurements of the baby. Don't stress! 
    photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry - I would find a new OB if mine said something like that to me.  We all know we already worry all the time anyway.  Worrying doesn't help.  Pregnancy and the threat of m/c is beyond our control - which we all know but can't not worry about anyway.  His job is not to make you worry more and without legitimate reason.  Dang.
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Options
    This
    BFP December 5th + MMC 1/18/2013
  • Options

imageAudaciousarica:
    I'm sorry - I would find a new OB if mine said something like that to me.  We all know we already worry all the time anyway.  Worrying doesn't help.  Pregnancy and the threat of m/c is beyond our control - which we all know but can't not worry about anyway.  His job is not to make you worry more and without legitimate reason.  Dang.

This*

BFP December 5th + MMC 1/18/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"