August 2013 Moms
Options

anyone else with "surges" of nausea?

Hi all!

I am about 5 1/2 weeks along, and one of my most irritating symptoms are these "surges" of nausea.  I feel fine, then all of a sudden I feel like I am going to puke and cry at the same time! It lasts about 5 min, then goes away.. happens usually once a day.  Is this happening to anyone else, too?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone else with "surges" of nausea?

• Options
    YUP!!!! Suck on a chewy starburst (a veteran mom told me this - it works for me too).  Or smell a freshly cut lemon.  I read the lemon in a pregnancy book and it really does work.  
    TTC since Aug 2011, RE since May 2012. Dx: PCOS,endo, postprandial hypoglycemia DH: SA 1 - low everything, 2- low everything, 3 - good, but WBC, 4 - lost and/or damaged at lab, 5 - low everything July - Letrozole + TI = BFN Aug - letrozole #2 + TI = BFN Sep - NEW RE!! YAY!!!! Move to IVF w/ICSI - ER on Nov 28 - 34 eggs! 2 day report - 26 successfully fertilized! 13 of 26 frozen at 3 days. 5dt of 2 best remaining eggs! BFP on HPT 6dp5dt Beta #1 10dp5dt-471 Beta #2 13dp5dt - 1250
  • Options
    This has happened to me after I eat. I'm hungry then I eat then I don't feel well. It passes pretty quickly, but isn't fun. I will take it over m/s tho!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I chew crystallized ginger.
  • Options
    imageBeezo23:
    This has happened to me after I eat. I'm hungry then I eat then I don't feel well. It passes pretty quickly, but isn't fun. I will take it over m/s tho!!

This! It comes in waves, usually after breakfast, which is when I take my PNV.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    imageKatie6202:

Hi all!

I am about 5 1/2 weeks along, and one of my most irritating symptoms are these "surges" of nausea.  I feel fine, then all of a sudden I feel like I am going to puke and cry at the same time! It lasts about 5 min, then goes away.. happens usually once a day.  Is this happening to anyone else, too?

why wouldn't you think this was normal?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    O yea!

Mine has hit it's "peak" and I feel like death all day especially now.

One of the many joys of being pregnant.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yep that's what happens to me too. It passes really quickly but it still doesn't feel good.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again
  • Options
    Yep this morning and once in the car last week.  Have yet to actually vomit though
  • Options
    This happens to me on and off throughout the day, pretty much every day. I suck on preggy pop drops and it helps a lot!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBeezo23:

This happens to me as well! It makes me not want to eat, which is annoying.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• Options
    oh god it happens wen i bearly wake up as soon as i get up and the same thing, lastes about 5 minutes and then i feel perfeclty fine
  • Options
    It's happening to me too! Starts in the morning and happens whenever I see, smell, or think about eating certain things. I was wondering if this happens to others, so iIm glad you asked. It doesn't seem like this is true M/S so I'm bracing myself for the future...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"