Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mixing formula q?

We need to switch LO to alimentum and he will not drink it at all. I tried all night one night and he became dehydrated and screamed and cried the whole time so I stopped and gave him similac sensitive which is what he had been eating before. Same thing happened again when I tried a few days later. Someone suggested putting alimentum in with his similac sensitive bottles and start weaning him off. Are you allowed to do that and will it bother him doing so? Thanks for any advice! I just want to get this stuff in him to see if it will actually make him feel better soon
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Mixing formula q?

• Options
    Yes, it's completely safe to do and often a good way to transition from one formula to another.  Apparently, the Alimentum formula smells and tastes pretty yucky to some LO's won't take to it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It definitely smells awful but he needs either that or nutramigen right now to see if that will help. So frustrating
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes you can mix them. This was actually what our ped suggested when we tried to get the girls on Nutramigen. Even did as low as 25 percent new and 75 old but still wouldn't take it.
    We tried 100 percent of Nutramigen but after 2 days stopped A was really dehydrated and J was dehydrated and broke out in a rash. So I completely understand where you are coming from.
    We are trying Gerber Soothe today since is more broken down the Similac Sensitive that they were on. They se to be eating it just fine. Now we have to wait to see if it helps with their tummies and reflux. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Our doc said it should take about a week to transition between formulas. We did it by swapping out 1 ounce at a time and did each increment for 2 days. It has worked perfectly! 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"