C-sections
Options

pain still going on 2 wks this tuesday,normal?

i am going to be two weeks out from birth of my daughter on tuesday 12/25/12. the pain is still very much there for me,is anyone else experincing this? even things like getting up and down hurt if done to fast, i can only sleep on my back right now too.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pain still going on 2 wks this tuesday,normal?

• Options
    I had pain and discomfort like that for about 4 weeks. I don't think I let myself cough or sneeze for 2 weeks afterwards. As long as it isn't getting worse or the incision is turning red and painful I would say its pretty normal. If you have a feeling its too much or you are having a lot of discomfort I would ask your Dr. Better safe than sorry.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Everyone recovers differently. I think 2 weeks is pretty normal. I was able to get around pretty well by then, but still had soreness.

Have you tried holding a pillow against your stomach when you stand up? lt also helps when coughing or sneezing.

Also, maybe try sleeping with a body pillow if you want to sleep on your side, or maybe try sleeping in a recliner - I had to stay in the hospital 9 days with ds, and really appreciated the adjustable bed.

Take is easy and make sure you're not overdoing anything.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. Thankfully I have hubby off for couple weeks,he is pretty much running the house right now. Im glad to hear its normal what Im feeling.
  • Options
    i still take IB and tylenol.  If I don't there is pain to be had..
  • Options

Unfortunatly it's still going to be there :( I take the pain meds like clock work for the first 2 weeks and then I wean myself off of them.  It honestly depends on how much you do.  I know with my first I got TONS of extra rest b/c he stayed in my arms :)  So I healed very quickly

My second, I over did it b/c I had a toddler to run after, so I think it all depends on how much "rest" you give your body.  

I hope you heal quickly!!!!   

Pregnancy Ticker image image image
  • Options
    This is pretty normal. Are you walking at all? For me, the pain lessened the more I moved around.....I would go for very short, slow walks. Don't push yourself too much but a little movement helps.
    imageimageimage

• Options
    totally normal!!! and if you try to do too much, healing will take even longer. so take it easy and don't push it...okay mama!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"