December 2010 Moms

Last Minute Party Planning Help (xp on parenting too)

Topic for mobile: Last Minute Party Planning Help

B's second birthday party is on Saturday.  I've done very little. I was expecting that my parents would be around to help with all the arrangements tomorrow (I'm off work), but now my dad will be taking my mom to the airport and she'll be flying out to say goodbye to my grandmother.  So I need help figuring out what to do/serve.

Thank goodness we're going very small this year - it will only be 8 adults, plus a 7-yo, a 3-yo, and the 2-yo birthday boy.  The party is scheduled for 10am.  What should I serve?
photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.

Re: Last Minute Party Planning Help (xp on parenting too)

• I would do brunch.

Baked French Toast Casserole, very yummy

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/baked-french-toast-casserole-with-maple-syrup-recipe2/index.html

and frittata which is like a baked omelet. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/frittata-recipe/index.html

Perhaps some breakfast meats, and/or a fruit salad. 

You can have orange juice, coffee and tea beverages. 

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • J's birthday is Saturday as well. I just sent FB invites and invites to dc yesterday! I love the brunch idea. If our party wasn't at 2 I would do it myself. I wanted to make sure j had a nap before the party though.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're willing to purchase food I would try a diner and get French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes and potatoes. At least around here this is pretty cheap and if you per order for pick up it's so super easy!!!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also like the brunch idea! You could also throw in bagels (cut into 4ths so people don't waste a whole bagel by not eating it all) and different kinds of cream cheese.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I vote for brunch too!  On Xmas Eve, we had people over for brunch.  I assembled an egg bake the night before in a 9x13 - 2 layers of baby spinach leaves, chopped pepper and onion, and chopped broccoli spread out in the dish - you could add ham too - whip up a dozen eggs, pour over top of the veggies, top with some shredded cheese, bake at 325 for 45 minutes.  Serve with a few other sides, like coffee cake, rolls, or even some raw veggies with dip, and you have a meal that won't make you crazy the morning of the party.

• Everyone is brilliant.  I can't believe I didn't think of brunch food.

• I would do mini quiches (you can buy them premade at Trader Joes or Costco), mini bagels, fruit, etc. Here is my egg dish recipe (which I make the day before). Cook hashbrowns and layer into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Whip 8 eggs with one cup of milk plus salt, pepper and 1 tsp. ground mustard. Top with one large bag of shredded cheese and crumbled bacon (add the bacon right before you put it in the oven). Bake one hour at 350. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• O's party was from 10 to 12. We did brunch food and it was a hit. For adults we picked up Mexican brunch.... Machaca with eggs, beans, rice. So yummy and so cheap. For the kids we had yogurt cups, cheese, fruit, and muffins. They loved it because they could grab something and go back to the playground.
  • I have a really good strata recipe if you want it. Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send it to you.

• imagetiffanyp:
    I have a really good strata recipe if you want it. Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send it to you.

Done.  Thanks 

• imagekj07:

imagetiffanyp:
    I have a really good strata recipe if you want it. Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send it to you.

Done.  Thanks 

You've got mail :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"