Two Under 2
Options

carseat configuration question...

so DS1 sits behind the passenger seat in a FF seat. we installed the bucket seat for DS2 when he arrives behind the driver seat but seems to be SUPER tight and i know it can't touch the seat so we may have to switch them around...

DH is super tall so if he drives my car (which he would if we go out as a family) then he wouldn't be able to because it's already super tight.

would it make more sense to put DS1 in the FF seat behind the driver and the bucket seat behind the passenger?  

can you put the bucket in the middle?

TIA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: carseat configuration question...

• Options
    No reason you can't put the infant seat RFing behind the passenger. That's how we have it. :
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH and I are ridiculously uncomfortable and basically in the dash, but we have DD1 RF behind the passenger and the bucket behind the driver.

why don't you just always drive? I hate always driving, but if the kids are safe that's what matters!! 

you can of course put the bucket in the middle. it is actually suggested that the least protected child go in the middle . that would be the convertible seat . we can't put DD 1 & DD 2 next to each other because DD 1 would probably throw stuff on her . lol .  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When we had 2, ds1 was FF behind the driver and DS2 was in the infant seat behind the passenger. Now that we have 3, ds1 is in the 3rd row in my Pilot, DS2 is FF behind the driver and DS3 is in the infant seat in the middle next to DS2. I have to have ds2 and ds3 next to each other so ds1 can get to the 3rd row. If I put all 3 on the middle row which I do sometimes, then ds2 is behind the driver, ds1 is in the middle and ds3 is behind the passenger. 

We can't put a RF seat behind the driver since dh is 6'1 and can't drive comfortably with a RF seat behind the driver.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

ya i think we'll have to switch the seats so FF is behind the driver.

we can't put the RF bucket in the middle because like pp said i'm sure DS would throw stuff on his little brother AND there's no clips for the base in the middle 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image2u2wow:

ya i think we'll have to switch the seats so FF is behind the driver.

we can't put the RF bucket in the middle because like pp said i'm sure DS would throw stuff on his little brother AND there's no clips for the base in the middle 

Just and FYI, You can still install car seats with seat belts, LATCH is not a requirement.  We have had three RFing seats in our civic before (only latch on the side seats), since the recommendations for RFing are at least two, and maxing our the height, or weight requirement of the seat.  DH is 6ft 1 and I am 5ft 7.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"